No announcement yet.

Monster Bash!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's better news than saving a ton of money by switching to Geico.

Comment

lol

Comment

I pull a generic bill of sale off the internet, fill it out for my car, and have a friend sign it as the seller using a made up name. I carry that and a copy of my insurance from another car (because my ins. co. insures new car purchases for 30 days automatically), and I don't have any problems if I get pulled over.

I've been driving my hearse since November this way, so I've saved seven month worth of insurance!
        Cool. I hope that works out for you when you finally do wreck.
        I think everybody would agree we don't mind paying increased premiums to cover the rising number of uninsured motorists on the road. While you are at it, why don't you figure out a way to get on welfare so that all us other taxpayers can foot the bill for that too.

Comment

DD, it's still legal coverage though, not as if I'm driving uninsured. It covers me and anyone else in my car or in an accident with the same coverage as my normal car, which is actually better than the coverage the company would give on an old car (i.e. it's covered for collision and liability versus just liability).

Adam

Comment

it's still legal coverage though, not as if I'm driving uninsured. It covers me and anyone else in my car or in an accident with the same coverage as my normal car, which is actually better than the coverage the company would give on an old car (i.e. it's covered for collision and liability versus just liability).
            I assume you are talking about State Farm, which incidentally has recently shortened their "grace period" coverage on new car purchases to 14 days (check with your agent). Regardless, if you are regularly driving an unregistered, uninsured vehicle you are just pressing your luck to save a dollar. If you want to take that chance, be my guest, but if you are involved in a serious wreck, your insurance agent isn't just going to hand over a check and make it all better. They tend to investigate such things. And if you are involved in a serious wreck with me, the FIRST thing out of my mouth is going to be a request for your license and insurance card. No pleasantries, no swearing, just the paperwork please. Why do I care? 'Cause I know a couple people that have been burned in situations with uninsured drivers. It hasn't happened to me yet, but I have seen the results secondhand. You see, I have to PAY for uninsured motorist coverage, and if I am hit by one, or a hit-and-run driver, I have to PAY a deductable to get my shit fixed. That's how the rules work. If you can't afford to insure your car, don't drive it. (Chris - if this thread ends up on a tangent, please move it into a new one - Sorry to bust up the MB groove peeples - GO MONSTER BASH...WOOOOO!)

Comment

I am actually going to agree with DD here . For one it is VERY careless to drive any kind of vehicle with out any Ins . AS for your lil idea . It is good if you and your partner in crime want to go to jail for False documentation . Trust me Cops are not as dumb as you might think . And the no ins thing is just wrong . Take it from someone who has had her CAR damn near totaled by some carless moron that did not take the time to get ins on their car .. I HAD TO PAY OUT OF MY POCKET .. Yes I did have uninsured motorist but did that pay for the rental car I had to have to get to and from work ? Nope .. Did that pay for my repairs .. NO They paid like 500 dollars and guess what the stupid asshole who hit me had the same thing you and your friend are doing .. Well guess what his car is now in an impound lot and he went to jail . More than likely facing a federal offence now . Plus any document such as that is not valid unless its notorized . Good luck with that one too .. Just dont be careless .

Comment

YAAAAAY ! Dixie is going to be there ... WOOT ! FYI Dixie this is Katie .. How is your dog ? That should make you know me on this name

Comment

Ahhhh, gotcha. Draven is much better now. Back to normal. Even nicer. Thanks!

Comment

Number of Hearses/Ambulances Expected?

Did anyone ever determine the running count of cars we had there last year (and the year before)? I thought Hellcat might know....also, I think we should count the active duty ambulance that had to respond to the crowd about 5 rows down toward the screen last year---it was at the Bash technically even though it was on a call!!!

See you soon...hopefully in my '64 this year--she is getting the roof painted as we speak (talk about removing the wrinkle paint being a bitch!!)

Comment

i'm not coming
                      i'm not coming
                      i'm not coming

i'm trying revearse psychology!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

lol Tim.

Comment

Tim.... you better be there !

Comment

Originally posted by laidbackryder View Post
                            i'm not coming
                            i'm not coming
                            i'm not coming

i'm trying revearse psychology!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            ok, i'll help out.

it would be in your best intrest if you DID NOT show up.

how's that???

Comment

No TIm Don't Show up..... You don't need lots of women crawling all over your car.......lol

Comment

I have to look to see where that hotel information is at that we used the last two years.....it was up near LMS and Hellcats neck of the woods.....

Anything in the works for Saturday evening? A hop to a bar would be the cap on a long drive from central Kentucky to Atlanta!!

Comment

Working...
                                X