99X goes bye bye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99X goes bye bye

Readers digest version: 99x fired Leslie, Steve Craig and Jenners and are moving Q100 to the 99.7 frequency. 100.5 will become something new (I heard a rumor that it will be a rock station with possibly the Regular Guys, but that hasn't been substantiated).

"Big changes are hitting the Cumulus cluster in Atlanta. FMQB has learned longtime WNNX (99X) legend Leslie Fram is out as PD/morning host, along with middayer Steve Craig and morning show member Jenners. Afternoon drive host Axel was still on air as of this posting.
    With the changes, Cumulus will be moving WWWQ (Q100) to the 100,000 watt 99.7 frequency currently inhabited by 99X. Concurrently, Cumulus says 99X is “returning to its roots as a true alternative music source, and will continue to broadcast at 99X.com and on the HD-2 channel of 99.7 FM."
    The timetable for some of these moves is as follows: For the week of 1/21, Q100's The Bert Show will simulcast on both 100.5 and 99.7. The 99X format will remain in place until after the Friday, January 25 simulcast of The Bert Show. At that point, 99X will be heard exclusively at 99X.com and on the 99.7 HD-2 channel.
    In a letter to clients, Cumulus states, "99X.com will offer new experiences for the listener and new marketing opportunities for you as it explores the exciting possibilities of 'Visual Radio.' The benchmark events associated with 99X will carry on, including but not limited to Big Day Out, Mistletoe Jam, the Unplugged in the Park concert series, Live X, and they will continue to be marketed in such a way as to ensure the success for which they have become famous."
    Look for a new format to debut on the 100.5 signal, though Cumulus is mum as to the exact details, stating to its clients, "As I’m sure you can appreciate, competitive considerations prevent us from sharing with you at this time the details of the new 100.5 station, but we will do so before the end of the month. However, we can assure you without reservation that it will be an extremely exciting announcement, something that will generate an extraordinary amount of listener attention, and we will guarantee it will deliver an audience from the outset at least equal in size to that which you been getting from 99X."

I hate Leslie Fram, she was the most annoying person on the radio.

If this new station puts the regular guys back on I am there!

Comment

atlanta has about the worst radio, ever. the last thing we need is another rock radio playing the mundane, over-played hits of yester-year, or whatever current inane schlock is popular.

i refuse to listen to anything except WRAS, WREK, or that classical music station.

Comment

Don't forget my old station, Ya know the one noone can hear except west of Atl. WCKS Kiss 102.7. They were good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
          atlanta has about the worst radio, ever.

Bull-Pussy.

Come to Macon and listen to our shitty shit.

Comment

The only reason you should turn on your radio in Tulsa is if there's a tornado in your neighborhood.......

Comment

Originally posted by Psychoholic View Post
              Look for a new format to debut on the 100.5 signal, though Cumulus is mum as to the exact details, stating to its clients, "As I’m sure you can appreciate, competitive considerations prevent us from sharing with you at this time the details of the new 100.5 station, but we will do so before the end of the month.
              Probably another Chicano station......YEEPA YEEPA YEEPA

Comment

You scared me with this post. We have a 99X in Chas. they are the only ones to play any hard egdes shit in the area. They have LocalX featuring the local bands on the weekend nights (Check out Coffin Syrup) and Harder Faster X with Ron Haust latenight on the weekends. He plays the heaviest shit we have on the area radio.
                We had one other decent station but the switched from 96Wave (of Wavefest fame) to ChuckFM, now they play everything from pearl Jam to Elton John. Fuck the Chuck!!!!!

Comment

what is this trend with radio taking some name and putting FM onto it? we have a DaveFM here in atlanta, and i think it probably plays the exact same stuff.

corporate radio will swallow your soul!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post

corporate radio will swallow your soul!!!!
                    But it's all there is to listen to when you don't feel like "15 minutes of static in D minor off their self titled debut 'another 15 minutes of white noise for the soul'"

Comment

88.5 used to play completely awesome music. i'll admit i don't listen to them much anymore since i rarely drive.

i don't know what their regular rotation is like these days, but i know they still have specialty shows. monday nights at 10 is pyschobilly freakout, definitely a great show. they have a metal show after that, which i think is much more diverse and awesome than WREKAGE.

Comment

xm radio , listen to what ya want when ya want. direct tv has it for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                          You scared me with this post. We have a 99X in Chas. they are the only ones to play any hard egdes shit in the area. They have LocalX featuring the local bands on the weekend nights (Check out Coffin Syrup) and Harder Faster X with Ron Haust latenight on the weekends. He plays the heaviest shit we have on the area radio.
                          We had one other decent station but the switched from 96Wave (of Wavefest fame) to ChuckFM, now they play everything from pearl Jam to Elton John. Fuck the Chuck!!!!!
                          That's 98X Riff. And yes 96 the Chuck does suck!!

Comment

Damn Fat Fingers.

Comment

Working...
                            X