does this sound fishey to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does this sound fishey to you?

my girlfriend is selling puppies, and she got a call/ typed communication this weekend from an interested party, from a deaf person. does look like a scam?

Thanks for your mail i will like you to know i want the puppy for my son who want me to present him for a birthday gift ,The reason I am sending you this email is to make final reconfirmation of Item for sale .which is ok by me,and also to let you know that payment will be by certified cashier's check or money order. In view of this I need you to email me any information that may be required to send the payment as I do not want to send the check or money order to a wrong location lest they get into the wrong hands.

Regarding the shipping, I have a company that takes care of the pickup of my consignments for me and ship to my des tination in new jersey anywhere in the U.S.A, you do not worry about shipping, the company will send down a representative to arrange the sales documentation and the pick up from your end for onward transfer to my destination.

I also want to alert you on the fact that you will be receiving an overdraft check, which will cover the money for the pickup (pickup and shipping to the final destination) as well as the money to be paid to the company that will take care of the pickup and the documentation with you. So please, as soon as you receive the payment, go and cash it immediately, deduct the money that accrues to you, and send the balance to the Head Office of the company that handles the shipment via Western union.The check will be in your name to make it easier for you to receive payment, please reconfirm your details one more time.I will give you the details of the company that will be shipping the puppy for sale as soon as we seal this deal. Once the money is received by the agent , the shippingagent will contact you immediately to arrange the documentation as well as the pick up immediately. So in view of the above, here are some ofthe details I will need for final issuance of the check or money order
    to you.

(1) Full Name
    (2) Mailing address, no p.o.box please
    (3) your direct telephone number both home and cell.?
    {4} Acceptance of my offer
    (5} Final asking price

Once you get back to me with all the above, the check or money order will be issued out immediately and it will be sent to you .Hope to hear from you immediately.Looking forward to your swift responsei will also be offering you extra $50 for keeping puppy for sale for me till the shipper comes for the pick up..
    Thanks
    jill

It is a scam.......... promise.

Comment

Looks like the crap I get whenever I sell on craigslist.

Comment

Sounds like they copied and pasted their car scam and changed the words to puppy. I F'in hate people.

Comment

String them along for a laugh - at least get them to print up and ship bogus money orders to you at their cost. There are a couple websites dedicated to people trying to scam out the scam artisits.
          I usually give out the address of a Cemetery near where I work because its easy to remember.

Comment

SCAM! I got the same type email when i was selling a windshield for a 53-54 chevy. This scam has been going on for a long time. Beware. usually comes from another country.

Comment

This is a very common scam. What you will receive is a overseas money order for more than the amount than you are supposed to receive. Once you deposit this money order in your account it will take at least two weeks for your bank to discover that this money order is not worth the paper it is written on. In the mean time you have sent your good money in the form a refund of the overages by Western Union and they have had those 2 weeks to cover their tracks.

Comment

when you for reading emails with much this kind of typing for purchase purchase it make usually scam

Comment

yeah she emailed back and said i am more interested in meeting the people who are adopting my puppies so i know they are going to good homes and no reply.

Comment

It is a variation of the car/merchandise scam. I got the same thing when I wanted to sell my Nascar collection and my JL hearses. You can bet when you find extremely poor grammer like
                    i will like you to know
                    for my son who want me to present him for a birthday gift
                    These are red flags. It is like they use an online translator and they are not always right. But I have $500 saying it is a scam. BTW what kind of pups are they? I am in the mkt for a Pom Pup.

Comment

yeah, that's what i was saying with the grammar

Comment

Originally posted by PCS h8r View Post
                        It is a variation of the car/merchandise scam. I got the same thing when I wanted to sell my Nascar collection and my JL hearses. You can bet when you find extremely poor grammer like These are red flags. It is like they use an online translator and they are not always right. But I have $500 saying it is a scam. BTW what kind of pups are they? I am in the mkt for a Pom Pup.
                        great pyrennies . i think i spelled that wrong, great farm dogs good w/ animals and very protective. BUT THEY GET HUGH, like a st banard
                        , fuck i can't spell 200.00 but no papers but full blooded parents on the property.

Comment

damn I really was hoping you were going to say neo mastiffs .... I'm in the market for one and the breeder up here won't have litter ready until late spring.

Comment

Working...
                          X