dave this is what i saw yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dave this is what i saw yesterday

only it was a white 2-door on a rollback. did you see it on your way up 985?

sweet ride
    but no never saw it i was lowriding in the 68 and was snow blind

Comment

nice Poncho, I love those old Tempests, I have a '65 2 dr hardtop I'm in the very begining stages of resurecting/restifying

Comment

Tempests are cool, low buck GTOs. I had a 66 with the OHC-6 and a 1 bbl. Still my Favorite body style for a Pontaic mid-size.

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
          Tempests are cool, low buck GTOs.
          Just think how many Tempests have been made into GTO clones. Over on another board I frequent, we were discussing this exact thing,people making clones. I have seen several people get taken buying clones and they were represented as real GTOs. A friend of mine almost bought a cutlass 442 convertible clone.The owner said it was a real 442. It turned out to be a cutlass S.It was a mint clone. I do mean mint. But everything from the top,tires and interior where new. Down to the rubber on the pedals.

Comment

I hate clones ....... and people that sell clones as the "real" deal piss me off

Mine is a Tempest custom that had the 326 in it, I was looking specifically for a Custom and kept finding Lemans and GTO's or clones that poeple wanted real GTO prices for.

Comment

I have a customer that was taken when he bought a 67 Shelby GT500 as authentic. The seller had even got his glove box lid signed by old Carol himself. When he brought it to me the first time to show off and change all the fluids, tune, etc, I researched the VIN. He was taken for over a 100K!!! The car started it's life as a 67 radio and heater delete Mustang with a 289.

My buddy/customer is loaded so he wasn't poor from the deal and he took the guy to court. The seller was awarded with 2 years in the stone motel for mail fraud(it was advertised in a national publication) and interstate grand theft(or something like that) and had to pay restitution. If he can't pay the restitution, he goes back to the pokey for another 3 years.

I still blame my buddy for being such a moron buying an investment like that and not doing his homework. ALL the domestic "specialty" cars have indicators in their VIN's to what they are. GTO's, 442's, Shelby's, etc all have "special" VIN's. You should know your shit if you're going to buy one of those cars.

Personally, I like clones. You get all the features of the real deal, without the cost(unless you don't do your homework).

Comment

Working...
              X