• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boyd coddington my he rest in peace

Boyd Coddington Dies at age 63, Wednesday Feb 27th
    by PegLeg (Login PegLeg_Choppers)
    Horsemen

Just found this out. Its a sad Day for hot Rodders and Bike Builders a like.

"Car-building legend Boyd Coddington, whose testosterone-injected cable TV reality show "American Hot Rod" introduced the nation to the West Coast hot rod guru, has died. He was 63.

Coddington died at Whittier's Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital at 6:20 a.m. Wednesday. Coddington's La Habra office spokeswoman Amanda Curry wouldn't disclose the cause of death.

Coddington, who started building cars when he was 13, set a standard for his workmanship and creativity, with his popular "Cadzilla" creation considered a design masterpiece. The customized car based on a 1950s Cadillac was built for rocker Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top."

He WIll Be Missed!

Kevin "PegLeg" Davis
    PegLeg Choppers
    If you don't Limp, You ain't SHIT!

Actually, Cadzilla is a 48 and Boyd was only the figurehead of that build. I know two people that worked on that car. I also know Billy well. Foose designed the car when he worked for Boyd. The only thing Boyd did regarding Cadzilla was take all the credit, when it was Foose's idea and give all the guys working on the car shit while they were working.

True story:
    My buddy Sneaky Pete built the back end of that car. One day, while he was working, Boyd wanted him to stop work to clean up the area that he was working in. Think about it - while you are welding and sanding, someone tells you to stop and clean up because you are making a mess! Don't you make a mess when you are doing that kind of work? Usually, you clean up after you've made your mess - not while. Pete finished the ass end of that car and quit.

Boyd's good cars were the Model A's, 39 and 40 Fords he built in the early 70's. Everything else he signed off on, with exception to two other cars(Cadzilla and Chezoom, maybe) are the only two cars he did worth a damn. Not so surprisingly, Foose designed both those.

Comment

I am finally glad to hear someone else that truely knows what a prick this guy was !!!! I grew up in near them and had to deal with him !! His son is a piece of work too ... Now everyone is going to say what a great guy he was , what the hell did he do? Oh well I am done .

Comment

i copied it from another e-mail, i always thought he was an ass!

Comment

Working...
        X