Color Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Suggestions?

I am currently, masochistically, working on two cars. One is a 1968 Superior Limo Style, and the other is an 82 Superior Endloader. They are mechanically finished and now the time has come for paint. The 68 is going to be stock, Black with burgundy interior. But the 82 is driving me crazy. I would really like to go a different way with her, perhaps low-rider (today, I see "lime green", but then, when I did a mock up on the computer, the color looked a little strange on the 82's boxy profile). Note that I am not going for show car on the 82... she is more just a fun, daily driver (well, with gas prices, that's a bit of a stretch), and definitely has her flaws. Black would be a nightmare to pull off, and I've decided that I don't want to go the flame route. Please, any suggestions about alternative colors would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Well if you could post a pic of the 82, it would probably be a lot easier for me to suggest a color. Though the only alternative color I could think of right now that might look good is maybe a purple or blue-violet. That is if you like those colors. Or maybe even gun metal? I'm sure other people on here could probably give you even more ideas! Just be sure to pick a color you like I say.

Comment

Yeah.. gun metal is nice..... and I did consider a dark violet at one time.

I will put some current pics up tomorrow.

thanks

Comment

Couple of pics

Here are a couple of pics of Griselda....
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Cernunnos; 05-21-2008, 03:34 PM. Reason: wrong info

Comment

You know, I just thought of another color. It's kinda odd, but it might work. What do you think of using orange? Like maybe a pumpkin orange color or something? But judging from the pics, I'm starting to think that maybe gun metal just might work best. Nice coach by the way!

Comment

Orange is might be cool. At one point I designed some landau shields that had silver jack o' lanterns for lamps, but now I am leaning seriously toward your gunmetal suggestion.

One night, in a drunken fever, I did this orange design... but I just could not live with it.
            Attached Files

Comment

LOL! I see what you mean about the oragne design. Well, I'm glad you like my gun metal suggestion. I myself have always loved that color on cars. Good luck with the hearse. I'm sure when you're done with her, she'll be one really hot car!

Comment

Halloween Express here in Atl had a almost Hooters orange hearse. It looked great....lol My problem with orange, actually orange and black, is that it's typical halloween colors and it seems most people will think it's Harley-Davidson colors.
                Little Black Rose has a sig pic of her Purple '80ish hearse.... now that was a gorgous car. and I think I have a pic of our haunted houses '83 hearse in a silverish gray. Here it is... I found it
                Attached Files

Comment

heres the 84 sup. i realy love purple on coaches. you could go darker though, and leave the black top, i think that would look great.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HearseHaunter View Post
                    Little Black Rose has a sig pic of her Purple '80ish hearse.... now that was a gorgous car.

and WAS?? excuse you!

lol, no but Thanks!

Comment

I love the purple, looks great.

Comment

Black with violet pearl is killer! We did it on a couple choppers. Looks black in the dark. but when light hits it-it shines in purple. Purdy kewl

Comment

Originally posted by Palerider6218 View Post
                          I love the purple, looks great.
                          Thank ya, thank ya!

Comment

Wow! That does look fantastic!

Comment

Whatever color you decide to go with, after the paint job, be sure to put your landau bars back on straight please.

Comment

Working...
                              X