My Ectomobile get even MORE Ghetto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Ectomobile get even MORE Ghetto

Because 22's just didn't give it enough bling....Unless a problem arises, this saturday this car

will have these installed.....

Pics to follow upon completion.

God Damn It. It's supposed to be "GETS even more ghetto" not "GET" I guess that's an example of how ghetto it is.

Comment

just don't hit your head on them, or snag a proton pack

Comment

Holy crap $2200....is that a kit you can install yourself relatively easy or does it have to be done by a professional?

Comment

You can do it yourself, and I got in on a group buy, I only spent $700.00

Its a bolt on kit. Basically you roll the windows down and tape the doors shut. Then take the fenders off. Unbolt the stock hinges and bolt these on, then put the fenders back on and your set. (Taping the doors in place keeps them in allignment so you shouldn't have to make any adjustments.)
          Last edited by Chace; 03-25-2009, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Special thanks to Ken at 3GCustoms for the install, here he is toiling away....

and here are the fruits of his efforts!

Comment

How easy is it to get in and out of?

Comment

Pretty damned easy. Lifting the door from the inside takes a little getting used too but its not too bad. There's more enterance room with the door up than with the stock hinges all the way wide.

The doors actually open out a little bit before going up, just enough to get into without a hassle.

Comment

I have to admit that is pretty damned slick.

Comment

Thanks Chris. I don't usually like the vertical door thing OR the big rims, but for whatever reason they look good to me on the magnum.

Comment

I have seen a car with the doors that open both ways. We talked to him and he told us his wife said, she was not going to lift the door every time she got out of the car. I think he said he modified it himself. They make doors kits now that open to a 90 degree angle and I think there are some that open 180 degrees.

Comment

My first car had one door that opened onto the hood. It was not supposed to but when you drive around backwards with your friend hanging off the door and hit a sand dune it ends up there.

Comment

Working...
                        X