Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you like to know?

Comment

That'd generally be what we call a 'segue' to show that we've openly given you a forum for you to expound on the virtues of your auto or the harrowing tale that brought you to it and ultimately us. So, tell us what you'd like to tell us about it and hopefully about how you weren't planning on turning it into an ecto.

Comment

At the moment, the conversion is still a go, unless someone can point me in the direction of a '59 Cadillac Miller Meteor combination coach. Now I know most of you loathe to see rare professional cars chopped up and butchered by stupid idiots. The conversion will not be like the half assed ones that have propane tanks and cardboard on their roofs. However, if someone would like to trade their '59 Cadillac for it in similar condition, I'm all ears. The Buick has a 401 V8 engine, and needs a brake booster rebuild.

Comment

I do not intend to put an "el cheapo paint job" as some people have stated.

Comment

please leave the car be, don't butcher it by trying to make some retarded Ecto.

Comment

^x2

Already inherently half assed idea regardless of execution/outcome because of base vehicle. Not open to interpretation either.

Comment

We are a group that is less inclined to give someone grief for major alterations to their car, but I think that this is the wrong car to start with. If the goal is to build a proper ecto, why not start with something closer to it than this?

As they say in the tire shop "we can balance a brick, but it won't make it round".

Comment

Well, If '59 M+M's were still rolling off the line, and they were easily acquired, it'd be a different story. Feel free to trade one to save another.

Comment

Ok, let not worry that you don't have a 59...but you don't even have a Cadillac. No similarity in any body lines at all. Its going to be butchered mess, but oh well.

Comment

As an avid GB fan and owner of a non 59/non Caddy Ecto...this is NOT going to look good. Its a MUCH better looking car as it is. 59's are hard to find and very expensive....so try a 60-64....or Hell, later even. I can't see many in the GB Fan community thinking this is a good idea either.

Comment

The lines of the car are closer than you think. Not exact, I know this. Despite what some may think, no butchering will occur. This is not going to be some piece of shit travesty. Utmost care and attention to detail is being put into each and every piece. I HATE most ecto conversions as well, don't get me wrong, most of them SUCK.

Comment

This car has been in our possession for close to four years, and other than regular tune-ups and mechanical repairs, the car has not been modified.

Comment

That's a hearse I would love to own, and I don't really care for hearses.

Maybe you should actually WATCH Ghostbusters, then rethink this idea? Aside from that car being a long, ambulance-shaped vehicle it has nothing in common with an Ecto. As is, it is probably rarer than most 59 Caddy pro cars, when you're done it will just be another poorly conceived Ecto clone.

Comment

Its a combination coach meaning it served as both a hearse and an ambulance. Ghostbusters? What's that?

Comment

It's your car, do what you want with it. But you should look at a different angle first.

If I was going to put a bunch of money, time, and detail into making an Ecto clone I would pick a base vehicle that would actually be easy and inexpensive to find parts for and work on.
                                Would you even know where to find a new fender for that thing if you needed it?
                                You could pick up an 80's model caddy or even an old Caprice wagon for dirt cheap and parts would be everywhere if needed.
                                Screw the body lines looking close, if your not using the proper year and model to start with what would it matter? Make your own Ecto.

Just my 2 cents, hell your probably just trolling anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X