Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what the hell should i do with this POS truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what the hell should i do with this POS truck?

so as many of you know, my 89 chevy silverado is a constant thorn in my side.

i was able to fix the rough running problem with new plugs, wires, cap, and rotor button. i was also able to adjust the rear drum brakes to hopefully keep from sticking again (thanks to ganci's advice).

but now the paint is coming off of it again. there is a big spot on the hood where the paint is peeling off. there's another spot that's flaking and rusting from where i bounced off a tree during the snow storm, etc, etc.

i had it repainted by maaco or some place about 5 years ago (evidently a mistake). i feel like it's too full of dents and stuff to spend lots of money on a nice professional paint job.

should i paint it flat black? should i just get some burgundy touch up paint and fix it? or should i get the dents knocked out of it and paint it up nice and proper (the place that repainted abigail did a really nice job).

it being the thorn in your side i wouldn't spend money on making it look "nice"
    i'd just go buy a case of el-cheapo rattle can paint paint flat. hell go for the mad-max/ post apocalyptic look. lights all over the place, flat black, "fake" weapons.

but in the end it's your truck... do with what you want.

Comment

Why paint it in the first place, it's an 89 chevy truck.

Comment

I would go buy some flat black, O.D. green, beige, and cammo the shit out of it. You do live in a redneck town like we do so it will help you blend in.

Comment

Originally posted by LMS View Post
          I would go buy some flat black, O.D. green, beige, and cammo the shit out of it. You do live in a redneck town like we do so it will help you blend in.
          I agree completely. Flat black on newer cars doesn't look "good" just makes it look like you wrecked it or painted it to hide something.

I saw one in "desert sand" camo with the accessories and trim in flat black and it looked P.I.M.P.

Comment

OD green is actually one of my favorite colors. maybe i'll go with that

Comment

Glad that worked out and it's drivable!

I personally say it's a paid off truck that is kind of a piece anyways, making it look nice only makes it more of a polished turd. Perhaps that would be a fine spot to practice your own ability to paint? Could do an art truck, or do the camo thing - not a fan of flat blacking one that new personally, but it's your truck to do with what you want.

Comment

Leave it alone and drive it. That what its for, a daily driver. If you go out of your way to make it look different you may end up looking like the douch with the "Insane Imports" decal on the back window of his stock but spray primered Honda Accord with an annemic system in it. Why try to stand out while driving a turd?

Comment

[QUOTE]Leave it alone and drive it.[QUOTE]
                  I agree with 60Buick..... Just drive it.... You can put an old whore in a new dress but you still have an old whore and you spent money on a new dress....Drive it like you stole it and when it dies... Get out and walk away....

Comment

yeah, that's not a bad idea, except i need to do something to fix the rust and keep it from getting worse. like it or not a new vehicle is not in the budget

so i need to either paint it a new color (olive drab), or just fix the rust and touch it up with burgundy, i guess

Comment

Sand down the rusty area and slap some rust converter on it, then hit it with some touch up paint and roll.

Comment

It is just rust... let it rust....how much longer will the truck last....but I have seen expanding foam to fill the holes..smear some grease on the affected areas and reapply if necessary..stop access to oxygen stop oxidation...If it is the box sides that are the problem... 8 bolts unplug the harness and remove box....put on a better one or not real hard to build a flat bed... or cut of the box sides leaving the box floor and fender wells, fab some wooden side boards.... wood don't rust... Just some cheap suggestions... use your imagination and rather than a thorn it could be fun...Drink beer while you do it... we like to drink beer and do everything... after a few cases and a couple of friends.. maybe a sledge hammer and an ax... problem solved...... Oh God I'm going to Hell......Giddyup....

Comment

Working...
                        X