Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has what needing to be done on their cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has what needing to be done on their cars?

I'm thinking for an August thing to do, let's see who needs shit done to their car, and if it's something that it would make it easier to do with 10 people, let's all go descend on their car and knock it out.

Thoughts?

Now that's an awesome idea!

Comment

ahhhh lets see

pick one

paint the 70 or the 76

or do a motor pull on the 78 and do some timing gears , valve seals and stuff like that
      Attached Files

Comment

if i lived closer you could put me down to help paint, it would be a great learning experiance

Comment

i have actually replaced the timing gears and chain on my 89 chevy truck. didn't pull the motor, but just took out the radiator, water pump, and all that kinda stuff.

sounds like a good idea, and a good way to learn some stuff

the only thing else i might do to my car is put some upgraded emergency flashers on it. maybe some behind the grille, and some under the back bumper

Comment

My list is pretty extensive as well. Gotta finnish the upholstry in the Plymouth, and replace everything rubber under the hood,( not because I need to but because it's probably a good idea), and gear myself up for doing the rest of the floorpans.
            Then there's the 69 Buick convertible, that I am going to be pulling out of the garage for the first time in 2 years. I need to put the new top on, do some metal work to the trunk pan, new brakes, control arm bushings, exaust manifold gaskets, ect. Hell, just getting it out of the garage is going to be half the battle.
            Then I need to get the truck here, get the fuel tank I got for it cleaned and sealed and get it installed, new brakes, new wood in the bed, unless I decide to panel it over with some stainless or something......ugh....who the fuck knows.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
              i have actually replaced the timing gears and chain on my 89 chevy truck. didn't pull the motor, but just took out the radiator, water pump, and all that kinda stuff.

sounds like a good idea, and a good way to learn some stuff

the only thing else i might do to my car is put some upgraded emergency flashers on it. maybe some behind the grille, and some under the back bumper
              on the caddys pre 77anyway
              it takes less time to pull the motor and just do it all... gaskets front and rear seals and clean and paint the block then trying to do it in the car .... the 77 and up it just takes a bit longer due to the fact they packed the same big block in a smaller car. i guess it took about 4 1/2 hours to pull that 78 block yesterday.. and thats taking my time..
              Last edited by northgahearse; 07-23-2009, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Hell mine is generally sorted, but were it closer to me I'd love to go learn some things as I helped with others cars.

Badass idea, wish it was a little closer to my home.

I will likely see if I cannot get folks around me could gather to get working on eachothers coaches. I really hope your idea works out.

I will be up your way for Dragon con if anyone else will be up there. I will be driving the coach.

Comment

on my 78 I got a leaky water pump that needs replacing and a pretty bad ecaust leak near the manifold not sure if it's the pipes or the manifold itself. Lots if rust, and upside down landaus

Comment

Originally posted by StrayCat View Post
                    My list is pretty extensive as well. Gotta finnish the upholstry in the Plymouth, and replace everything rubber under the hood,( not because I need to but because it's probably a good idea), and gear myself up for doing the rest of the floorpans.
                    Then there's the 69 Buick convertible, that I am going to be pulling out of the garage for the first time in 2 years. I need to put the new top on, do some metal work to the trunk pan, new brakes, control arm bushings, exaust manifold gaskets, ect. Hell, just getting it out of the garage is going to be half the battle.
                    Then I need to get the truck here, get the fuel tank I got for it cleaned and sealed and get it installed, new brakes, new wood in the bed, unless I decide to panel it over with some stainless or something......ugh....who the fuck knows.
                    My list wouldn't be that long if I had a passenger side exhuast manifold...

Comment

Originally posted by STODD View Post
                      My list wouldn't be that long if I had a passenger side exhuast manifold...

I sent you a PM last week foo! I need your address!

Comment

I never got it but I'll PM ya now!

Comment

I keep losing my wireless connection, so sometimes when I hit "send" i get the "this page is currently unavailable", sometimes it goes through, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes i refresh the page and find out i sent the same person the same message 3 times......i really need a new router.

Comment

Originally posted by StrayCat View Post
                            I keep losing my wireless connection, so sometimes when I hit "send" i get the "this page is currently unavailable", sometimes it goes through, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes i refresh the page and find out i sent the same person the same message 3 times......i really need a new router.
                            Maybe you need to stop mooching off of your neighbors router

Comment

Originally posted by tonytheskin View Post
                              Maybe you need to stop mooching off of your neighbors router
                              why would I mooch off of somebody else's router to use my own internet service?

Comment

Working...
                              X