Why women??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why women??????

I'm new to this world! why do you name your hearses after women?

Cause if we named them after dudes, we'd feel gay when we tried to spoke softly , trying to coax them into working.

Comment

I will keep that in mind, when i get mine and name it after a man!!

Comment

I kinda named my S&S Victoria after my lady. She has the most beautiful eyes i've ever seen in life, and they're hazel. Through the years those eyes have haunted me, but in a good way... no matter how good or bad things were between us. So the S&S is named "Hazel". I called her "Matilda" at first but that was the name of the 1951 Superior I sold, so she needed her own name. Oh yeah, this coach is definitely a woman... always needing attention & someone who cares...

Comment

Originally posted by Submissive_Chic View Post
          I will keep that in mind, when i get mine and name it after a man!!
          My hearse is definately female, but I did name a few of my other vehicles after men.

My daily driver is a black Eddie Bauer Edition 2000 Ford Excursion with a 4inch lift and 20 inch tires. His name is Goliath.

I have two party busses out of my fleet and they are both named after men....sort of.
          My 86 Ford 19 passenger is named Lucky because he has stripper poles in him and he's just lucky to be running. lol. He also likes to pee misc. fluid wherever he goes... kinda like a male dog.

Then, there's my 14 passenger 83 Ford bus. He's an old window licker bus. I named him Special Ed. Even his license plate reads: SPCL ED

Comment

Naming cars men names is fine. I had a coach named "asshole" for awhile. You just need to consider the obvious.

If you name your car a male name, it will love to work, and love to go anywhere so long as you are not involved. It will be lazy and run off of beer. Good luck trying to get it to do ANYTHING you want it to do. It is guarenteed to be completely unreliable and uncooperative unless you are drunk.

Female names

If you talk sweet to it and give it expensive drinks, it will do whatever you want it to.
            Once a month, for about a week, it will run like shit.
            It will be completely reliable so long as you keep buying it expensive accessories (read "parts")
            Most of them come in grey, white, and black. The same color as the rest of your household appliances (coincidence?)

So it is up to you. But I honestly think female names work better. At least you'll get to drive it most of the time.......

Comment

And of course, Billy likes dudes, so he can name his car 'steve' and not feel 'faggy' when trying to start it at 2 in the morning leaving Swinging Richards.

Comment

give it a name if you love it.

Originally posted by Submissive_Chic View Post
                I'm new to this world! why do you name your hearses after women?
                doesn't really matter what you name it, whether after a woman or a man. sooner or later your gonna call it a bitch or a bastard, when something goes wrong. it makes it seem more on a personal level when you curse at it or on occasion praise it.

Comment

Did you name the car "Asshole" out of affection and reverence for LMS or was it to substantiate your claim that you got in some "Asshole" last night, while bragging to your friends. That way on nights you did not pick up a dude at Swinging Richards you can still brag.

Plus you can say with a "straight" (ya right) face that you have been in more "Asshole" than anyone else on the board.

I need to name my car Asshole so you can sit in it and tell people you slipped in some strange Asshole last night.

And if the car is sexy like Mac's 58 and we named it Asshole you could touch your self and tell people you were touching yourself while looking at Macs Asshole!

Comment

Really naming cars women's names carries over from the naming of ships.

My first coach was named Cassandra after a girl I liked in High School and The Cassandra Complex (being able to see into the future but not being able to do anything to change it, example, your eventual demise).

I didn't want to name my second hearse the same thing so I named it Connie after Connie Dobbs, the wife of J.R. "Bob" Dobbs. For more information visit www.subgenius.com

Before those I had a '91 GMC Sonoma and before that I had a '86 Ford Topaz. The truck ran awesome, the car like complete shit. Never really felt like naming either though.

Comment

Mine is just Creepy, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Buick View Post
                        Did you name the car "Asshole" out of affection and reverence for LMS or was it to substantiate your claim that you got in some "Asshole" last night, while bragging to your friends. That way on nights you did not pick up a dude at Swinging Richards you can still brag.

Plus you can say with a "straight" (ya right) face that you have been in more "Asshole" than anyone else on the board.

I need to name my car Asshole so you can sit in it and tell people you slipped in some strange Asshole last night.

And if the car is sexy like Mac's 58 and we named it Asshole you could touch your self and tell people you were touching yourself while looking at Macs Asshole!
                        All this comming from the guy who's living room "recliners" are carved wooden staues of men with huge erect dicks. Iknow someone can find that pic he posted on here...see for yourself....><

And you bring mac up far more than I do, is it separation anxiety? Lovers scorned?

Comment

Because my coach is a combo, I named mine Dr. Jeckyll. On the other hand I called my White "Luna" after the female vampire in "Mark of the Vampire" who wore white.

Comment

Originally posted by deadw8mike View Post
                            doesn't really matter what you name it, whether after a woman or a man. sooner or later your gonna call it a bitch or a bastard, when something goes wrong. it makes it seem more on a personal level when you curse at it or on occasion praise it.

I have found things usually name themselves or earn their name my old Harley has a male name (Longfellow Wadsworth Stinkfinger) and has been very reliable, but on the rare occasion he becomes cantankerous usually threatening to use the "C" word usually straightens him out... Sideslider ('79 Superior sovereign 3 way) earned its name after sliding down a guardrail. It's a sideloader and slid down the rail so Sideslider was born.. Destiny (68 superior combo) was already named when I got her and most would change the name but with all the strange shit that came to her acquisition I left it the same it seemed to fit.. So I would suggest patience when thinking of naming something and let it reveal itself to you...

Comment

Thanks for the input I think I get it now. Being my "dork" (pet name for fiance) has explained to me some of the same. I now understand some of the passion for these cars. I know longer look at them in horror "like you hauled a dead person in that car" "nasty". I understand the beauty part but being a die hard ford fan. He will have to find one.

Comment

Working...
                              X