Door handles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door handles

Are all hearses missing door handles in the back or is it just mine? I suppose normaly the person in the back wont be needing them haha.
    But its such a pain in the ass getting locked in.

Originally posted by nick View Post
    Are all hearses missing door handles in the back or is it just mine? I suppose normaly the person in the back wont be needing them haha.
    But its such a pain in the ass getting locked in.
    Pretty sure mine has the inside handle on the rear door, but mines a combo so not sure if that makes a diff.

Comment

I believe all coaches before the 1980's had rear inside handles. I have seen a few "newer" (1980 and up) that have a push button on the loading door to open it, but no handles inside. I'm only speaking of Cadillac and know not of others.

Comment

All of mine have had inside handles, but they are all from the 60's

Comment

my 82 and 84 Superiors both have handles on the rear door.
          Someone had an 88 S&S that didn't have a push button or handle. get locked in, had to climb thru the partition window.

Comment

Looks kinda hit & miss depending on builder, make & year - most older coaches do while mid 80s only some. My Caddy (86 Eureka) has no handles at all (windows don't go down either).
            However, I do have a safety latch on the back door... you 'push down' on the door LOCK button and the door pops right open.

Comment

Originally posted by HearseHaunter View Post
              get locked in, had to climb thru the partition window.

that's how mine works

Originally posted by Flymanj3 View Post
              However, I do have a safety latch on the back door... you 'push down' on the door LOCK button and the door pops right open.
              i wonder if mine will do that

Comment

Funny thing is, I have a switch in the back to unlock all the doors but it does no good without door handles! haha.
                I cant climb through the window anymore because I put a engine fan from a toyota in the window to blow a/c or heat to the back. Works really good. But if i get locked in Im taking the door panels off I guess.
                Maybe I will try to install some.

Comment

Gonna bring the booze and my first date with sally to the back of a hearse without door handles

Comment

Our '88 Superior Lincoln has no handles on the inside of any of the doors, just a key lock and handle on the outside of the back door.

Comment

Christine's 82 Buick Eureka doesn't have any handles inside just the lock thingy that I HOPE will openb the back door since I will be sleeping back there for Dragon Con...lol

Comment

My 96 has handles inside all the back doors
                        power locks in the rear sides that are lock only and no pull handle to close the doors

the rear door has a handle and a manual door lock on the inside

kind of a weird mixture.

Comment

Working...
                        X