Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool question

flexible extension sets - yes or no?

has anyone had experience with these? if so, which brand are the good ones, and which ones are the suck? i looked online a bit and found bad reviews for one. i don't know if just that particular brand sucked, or if flexible extensions just suck all together.

are they good only for starting or removing very loose things? can you actually crack loose bolts/etc if you get a nice set?

If you mean a flexible shaft that a ratchet goes on one end and a socket on the other they won't bust shit loose.
    Get a good solid extension and a good wobble socket.

Comment

Originally posted by LMS View Post
      If you mean a flexible shaft that a ratchet goes on one end and a socket on the other they won't bust shit loose.
      Get a good solid extension and a good wobble socket.
      X2

Comment

I have a set of solid extensions from craftsman that have an odd end for the socket to attach to. It looks more like a squared off ball. These extensions will allow about 15* of flex and are solid as a rock. Just don't lend them out... they won't come back!
        00944284000.jpg
        more details here:
        Shop Sears for appliances, tools, clothing, mattresses & more. Great name brands like Kenmore, Craftsman Tools, Serta, Diehard and many others.

Comment

i have several universal joints and a couple 3/8" solid extensions. i'll just see if i can get some longer extensions then.

Comment

yeah the flexible things suck. i have 1 screwdriver made like that with a 1/4 drive tip on it but i only use it for carb adjustments.

the swivel sockets rock. i have a snap-on short set and a matco deep set and i use them for everything. and they are usable with an impact gun ( i do alot of suspension work). but collectively the ones i have are like 600+ bucks forthe 2 sets. harbor frieght has a couple different sets that are in the 20-50 dollar range, i dunno how good they are, but they will be better than flex extensions for sure

Comment

Working...
            X