X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's one of my toys, there is no shiny side

I'll keep the rubber side down.

Comment

• Had a blast the this weekend. Got a great reaction at caffeine and octane. But next time, more sunscreen and have to get there even earlier. It was packed. Saw 2 59 caddys, a coupe a sedan, and a couple of other cadillacs. I didn't know there were so many vipers in ga.

Comment

• ok, so we need to plan the asheville convoy, like very soon. I suggest meeting up in loganville at the usual kroger, or monroe at the walmart. Then we can head east to athens, to 441, to I-85. That route should be mostly open highway and the least amount of interstate.

i would like some suggestions on departure times, and whether we want to all go up as one group, or different groups, etc.

Personally, i would like to leave around 10:00 or 10:30 AM on friday. We're looking at about a 4-hour drive time, so that should put us there at an appropriate time to check into the hotel around 2 pm.

That way we can chill for a bit, or explore or whatever before the evening festivities.

What say you?

Comment

• We can meet for the ride but I am not pushing my vehicle on this trip, just going to cruise maybe a bit above the speed limit.
          I would rather get there a bit later than arrive on a hook.

Comment

• if richard goes and takes the belvedere, he'll probably set the pace. otherwise, you're welcome to be the pace car. Here's the meetup info:

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

We're going to try and meet up at the monroe walmart at 9:30 am, and hopefully roll out by 10:00

Comment

• David never checks with me about what time we are leaving. I'm working till about noon that day so we are departing around 2.

Comment

• ok, good to know.

Comment

• HEAR YE, HEAR YE!

We have elected NOT to go to Monsterbash this year! As an alternative, we're planning our own WEEKEND OF D00M (tm). Here is the facebook info: https://www.facebook.com/events/455472954539642/

Tentative schedule of events:

THIS EVENT REPLACES MONSTER BASH

Event Schedule:

Saturday, 6/1

7:00 pm: Pregame dinner at Sonic's drive-in: 190 Athens Hwy, Loganville, GA.

Sunday, 6/2

10:00 am: Rendezvous at Loganville Kroger (4753 Atlanta Hwy, Loganville, GA) for caravan to stone mountain

11:00: picnic of D00M at stone mountain park.

More details on stone mountain park TBA

If someone will point me in the right direction of reserving the space, i'll get right on that.

Comment

• Even if we can't reserve a pavilion at Stone mtn, there are plenty of places to cook out at the park. All we did last time was find a nice spot and pull in and have fun.
                    The earlier we get there the better chance of getting a good place if we can't reserve one.

Check here http://www.stonemountainpark.com/gro...n/rentals.aspx
                    personally I think the gristmill area of the park is the coolest. But like I said we don't have to go that route, we can just show up early and claim a place.

Comment

• After doing some reading we are better off just showing up and claiming a place rather than renting a pavilion, only 2 pavilions are non-catered, and I am sure they are heavily booked.

Comment

• Denise has been looking into this, so you should check with her. renting a pavilion costs about $450, which while we can easily afford, it would be better to have a cheaper or mostly free alternative. So far both pavilions are free.

another concern is whether or not hearses will be turned away at the gate. someone said this has happened before.

what i had hoped would be an easy alternative to MB is becoming quite complex. We may need to have a club conference call to discuss this.

Comment

• We had a cookout there in 05 and had several hearses, no one was turned away and we got no hassles.
                          I say just show up and claim a spot, screw renting a pavilion.

Comment

• i think that is probably worth the risk. Should we have one or two people leave really early to claim the spot?

Comment

• for those of you semi-local, social circle is having its fourth of july celebration this saturday the 29th. A few of us will be getting together at hot rod's diner at 7:30 pm for dinner, and then hanging out in the parking lot for the fireworks.

Also, we have summer show down coming up the weekend after. So far, doesn't look like too many firm commitments for that. I'm planning to drive down for the day on saturday, at least. If anyone else is definitely going, please let me know, and we can make convoy arrangements.

Comment

• Rockabilly luau is this coming up saturday - https://www.facebook.com/events/482063975211405/. We meet 9 am at the loganville kroger. Cover is $20 at the gate.

Also, mark you calendars. We have been invited to a new year's party by the city of americus, ga. they will be dropping a 6 foot bat: https://www.facebook.com/events/535491416500850/

Comment

Working...
                                X