Random Gas Station of Awesome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Gas Station of Awesome!

I posted this on my facebook but for those with social lives I'll put it here as well...

Today I was in Albany Ga and while riding around downtown I found what looks like an old gas station/shop who's parking lot was full of the most wonderful classic cars, just rusting away. The building was full of random car parts, none newer than 1973. Here are pics of the cars!

I love the old cars rotting awy type pictures. They tell the real story of an automobile. I have a bunch of these type of pictures on my old computer. I have sent many to tjis web site. http://carsinbarns.com/

Comment

I wonder what the story is on that?

Comment

It agree, rather useful piece
        It the car! Everybody love the car!

Comment

Originally posted by dbrindalik
          It agree, rather useful piece
          what?

Comment

what?
            If you don't know, you can't afford it...... just saying.

Comment

Nice pics. What area of downtown Albany? I used to work at the Marine Corps Logistics Base there, but neve really ventured out into town much. Really just went to work and back home.

Comment

Originally posted by Double D View Post
                It the car! Everybody love the car!

As far as what part of downtown Albany, I don't really know the town well enough to know anything other than "off broad street" I was just riding around aimlessly and stumbled upon it.

*UPDATE*

My friend Jairus who lives in Americus is framiliar with this place, he said it's pretty much been sitting this way since he was a kid and he has no idea who owns it.

Comment

"Off Broad St." is good enough directions for me. Thank you. I'll check it out next time I'm down that way (I'm just north of Americus).

Comment

Originally posted by PLUTO View Post
                    "Off Broad St." is good enough directions for me. Thank you. I'll check it out next time I'm down that way (I'm just north of Americus).
                    You know what? We're all retarded. Its at the corner of N Washington and First as seen in the last pic.

Comment

MYSTERY SOLVED!!!!

The lot belongs to a fella named George Gil who also owns an autobody shop out there.

The vehicles ARE NOT FOR SALE and are various projects and/or parts cars.

Comment

Working...
                      X