State of the Hearse Club Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of the Hearse Club Address

So first, i want to say that i am very happy. yesterday was an awesome show. we had an excellent turnout. We even got to see some of you that don't get to make very many events. We gained three new dues-paying members. we had two brand-new coaches. we have one prospect who has completed two consecutive trial events. We distributed t-shirts, stickers, and license plates. we took home two awards, including the great-big 6 foot trophy.

i feel like we are making some excellent progress. We need to start thinking about 2012. i think we need to have a serious planning meeting sometime soon after the first. Here are things we need to discuss

1. building trophies for two shows: Days of the Dead and Rockabilly Luau
    2. promoting said two shows
    3. creating a swag shopping page or thread so everyone knows what kinds of stuff we have to offer
    4. more long range planning of events. right now we've basically just been going month-to-month, but i know it will help people out more if we plan further ahead
    5. biker gang style patches

Everyone please be thinking about what you want to do this next year. If we take a trip to the micro-car museum in january, maybe we can have our planning meeting afterwards.

I have an idea for the days of the dead trophy, give me a little time I think it will be cool.

Comment

Kevin, please confirm. Is this a *hearse* show, meaning there really won't be other types of cars there? Or is that up to us, and can we open it up to rat rods and things? If so, should we do that? I understood this would be a sort of people's choice award?

If David has an idea for days of the dead, i say we let him manage that one. We still need an undetermined number of trophies for rockabilly luau. I also would kind of like to do a "hearse club choice award" for the next big social circle show, which would be memorial day.

Comment

They said if you bring a hearse and participate in the hearse show you get free weekend passes, so I'm assuming it is open to only hearses. I will ask to make sure. And yes it will be a peoples choice. I don't see why we couldn't do a top 3 if we wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
          I also would kind of like to do a "hearse club choice award" for the next big social circle show
          For that I would suggest something like the one I made for DragonCon for the furthest traveled Ecto which looked like this....

Not necessarily the whole pistons welded together, but the incorporation of a hearse in the award....

If we want to get rediculous in size (like they did with that 6ft trophy I won there this weekend) I have a set of Landaus we could weld into a giant X for it.....

Comment

I'm just a tiny bit worried that if it's a hearse-only show, we may have like 10 hearses show up. But maybe that's what he had in mind. i don't know. if he's giving us free passes, he may only want to give out 10 or so. If non-hearses show up, will they get free passes? if they don't, then we would have to keep our mouths shut so as not to piss anyone off.

In any case, it shouldn't hurt to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
              I'm just a tiny bit worried that if it's a hearse-only show, we may have like 10 hearses show up. But maybe that's what he had in mind. i don't know. if he's giving us free passes, he may only want to give out 10 or so. If non-hearses show up, will they get free passes? if they don't, then we would have to keep our mouths shut so as not to piss anyone off.

In any case, it shouldn't hurt to ask.
              He most likely only thinks there will be a couple of hearses. Most people don't know there are a lot of people into hearses and will drive a good distance to hang out with other hearse people. I as understand it's a hotel parking lot. Most hotels don't have a lot of extra parking, especially for hearses. Might need to talk to him and let him know there should be a minimum of 8-10 hearses, but likely a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by Abnorml View Post
                He most likely only thinks there will be a couple of hearses.
                you're probably right. either way i just want to manage expectations.

Comment

Working...
                X