Be in "Weird Colorado"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be in "Weird Colorado"!

As some of you know, I've been contracted to write the Colorado book in the series "Weird U.S.". published by Barnes & Noble, and edited by Mark Sceurman and Mark Moran ("Weird New Jersey").

There's a chapter called "Personalized Properties & Innovative Environments" in which I am featuring The Denver Hearse Society (with permission). This where y'all come in.

If you'd like a shot at having your vehicle(s) and words describing how you created/restored/inherited/bought/transformed and just plain enjoy it (or them) published in "Weird Colorado", please send me digital pics either via CD and snail mail or through email attachment (highest resolution you can manage, no more than 3 pics per will get through in one email, generally) and your story about 'em to my email:

getzbuy(at sign)comcast.net (wrote it that way to foil spambots)

I can send you an address for snail mail and more details via email. I will also need a phone contact from you.

This is just for fun and glory, folks. Yes, you get full credit. Unfortunately, I'm not being paid enough to be able to pay anyone else (the gas expenses of travel to do research alone keep me on a low-budget). My editors have final say on which stories and art can be in the book, too, and they will own anything published in the book, so don't send me anything you wanna use elsewhere.

Oh, yes, and if you can send stuff to me ASAP, that will be greatly appreciated. It takes time for me to contact people and talk to 'em and I'm in the process of meeting a deadline (I have three chapters to write per quarter) so the sooner the better.

Thanks for listening!

Carmina

Important Follow-Up

I am now home from my research road trip and available if people would prefer to talk to me first and get an idea of what the book is about, and what I am asking for.

We can also do an interview by phone if you'd rather not do the writing -- I like to get people's stories in their own words, whenever possible, but I realize some folks aren't comfortable with trying to put their thoughts down themselves.

So I can take your stories as you give 'em to me, and put 'em in shape in a way that feels right for you. I did this for years as a newspaper and magazine writer and nobody has complained in decades that I misquoted them or put words in their mouths they wouldn't have said.

Your story about your vehicle does not have to be long. I just want some idea of how you got it, what you did to it, and how it makes you feel.

I can be reached any time from 9 a.m.to midnight at (303) 447- 8578. If the email I posted previously does not work for you try getzwrite(at sign).comcast.net. Yes, you type the usual @ in place of where I put (at sign) to fool spambots that collect emails off forums such as these, OK?

Please feel free to call if you don't understand or it's just not workin' for you.

I will need to hear from you ASAP if you are interested in being included. I am going to try to get extra copies of the book so that I can give out at least a few to those who contribute. At the very least, I'm told I will get an author's discount and can pass that on to you so you don't have to pay the full $19.95.

It's a nice hardcover, coffee-table (on the smaller side) book, and you can see similar editions in the series at the Barnes & Noble web site, or Amazon.com.

Thanks to all who have expressed interest!

Carmina

Comment

Working...
    X