Casket races weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casket races weekend?

Thinking of going to the casket races in october, anyone know anything else going on that weekend? Bringing a girlfriend of mine along and we want to go out while we are in Denver, live music? clubs? drunk people fighting? conga lines? We are from from Vegas, so anything other than gambling tourists, hookers and blow will keep us entertained!!!

Hey there Harold,

Shirt is ON THE MOTHER F'in way, btw! I wasn't able to drive to my printers last week, so I went today!

As for casket race weekend - We usually head up Friday night, we get cheap hotel rooms and split them (one of the hotels offers us decent rooms for $30 a night and has good hearse parking) and we are going to hit up one of our members haunted house that night. Then on Saturday we hit the races, then we get lunch afterwards and hit a few costume shops.

If you were to stay around until Sunday you guys are more than welcome to join us for The Church, which is a big ass local goth club hosted in an old cathedral.

Comment

I hope I can make it next month.

Has anyone here actually read the rules and application form for the event?
      9. All participants must take part in the Parade of Coffins. The Parade starts with the procession of Hearst’s,
      followed by the Manitou Springs Chamber of Commerce Pace Coffin. You must line up behind the pace coffin in
      the order of your registration number. You must not begin the parade until the Pace Coffin starts.
      Can we slap someone? Please??????

Comment

Haunti, you have my endorsement… Slap whomever needs it.
        (However, I do think it's funny.)

It all depends on my school schedule, but hopefully I'll see you there.

Comment

I shot off an email to the chamber of commerce. I suspect they don't care because the site has quite a few misspellings i.e. Cofffin. Since when does coffin have 3 fs in it?

here's a excerpt:
          While I was looking over the rules and application form for the coffin races I noticed that under rule number 9, "All participants must take part in the Parade of Coffins. The Parade starts with the procession of Hearst’s, followed by the Manitou Springs Chamber of Commerce Pace Coffin."

This really should read "procession of Hearses" since the club is made up of people who drive hearses not "hearst's" unless you are referring to "Patty Hearst" or a "Hurst" shifter.

Comment

I stand corrected! The error will be fixed on the website. Thank you Mr. O'Neil!

Comment

For those who will be going to Manitou Springs on Saturday morning:

The Mayors 10K Race is being held Saturday morning too. WE DO NOT HAVE CONTROL OF MANITOU AVENUE UNTIL 11AM. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO ARRIVE BEFORE 11.

Comment

Thanks for the info Haunti!

Yeah, that whole race debacle... We were sitting at the hotel and someone had called and told us that we needed to be there at something like 9:30 or 10 and so we hauled ass and took off for it.

Either way though, since then it's been all good and Floyd is really helpful. The hotel we stay at is pretty damned decent too.

Comment

Sounds good on the shirt Zach, cant wait to get it!! Thanks for the info, unfortunately I couldn't get the time off!!! I will be out your way in November though, around the 6th, that weekend, if there anything interesting going on, let me know!!!

Comment

parade

id love to join you for the parade since ill be there to .were do you meet to gather for the parade?

Comment

Hey there Gary,

You can meet us at the Red Wing hotel in Manitou at 10:15 AM to meet for the races! Send me a PM and I'll get you more details and add you to our email list!

Comment

How many hearses showed up? I lost count after 25.

Comment

I heard 2 accounts of 31 hearses in all. Pictures soon, I took about 400 this year!

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                            X