62 Cadillac hearse Info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 Cadillac hearse Info?

I recently stumbled upon a 1962 cadillac hearse that was in a garage at a estate i purchased. went threw all the BS and managed to get the car titled in my name. Car has some rust not super bad concidering its age, and interior needs work. has 42,025 original miles and crank runs and drives no proublem. was wondering if anyone could give me a ball park estimate on how much this hearse is worth im sure theres not a bunch of them driveing around these days. Coulding find any information about them online about how many where made or what not. Thanks for any help not sure what im ganna do with it yet will either sell it or if i can't get enough for it im sure it will make a nice car for my band to put amps and drums in the back of.

Pics, pics, where are the pics....lol My Elvira is a 62 Cadillac Superior, limo style, combination.. She is the only Hearse I have ever owned, bought her back in 1976. Mine is based on a 6200 series Cadillac comercial chassis, She was rough when I picked her up and was in need of an overhaul bad. That's when I found out that the 390c.i. engine was the only engine used in the comercial chassis....the 390 was intro'ed in the 59 and used through 62, in 63 they still used a 390 but is a whole different engine than its predesesor. Parts are hard to find for this year as is much information. If you edcide to sell it please let me know, I am close enough to come look at it if you do...

Comment

Welcome to the NHAA.

Pics will help tremendously. Although condition is everything when assessing value, coach builder (Eureka, Miller Meteor, S&S, or Superior most likely) and type of hearse (landau or limo, endloader or 3way) can make significant differences.

'62 is the best 390 Cadillac made imho.

Comment

Thanks for the replys im ganna take some pics of it today when i get off work didn't know there where so many models and types. It has a emblem left on the passenger side front fender that says MM so im gessing its a Miller Meteor and as far as type if i had to gess id say 3way cause it has one big back door and a door on each side that acess the back then you have the driver and passenger door but im sure you would be able to see better when i put the pics up. Thank everyone for there help.

Comment

That door configuration is on every hearse. We'll wait for pics.

Comment

Hearse Pics

100MEDIA$IMAG0072.jpg100MEDIA$IMAG0070.jpg100MEDIA$IMAG0068.jpg100MEDIA$IMAG0069.jpg

Comment

Just got the pics up the only thing not in the pics that i have is the side skirts for the rear wheels didn't get a chance to put them back on after putting some tires on it to move it. Also have the hubcaps but dont think they could have made theme tires look any better lol. Thanks

Comment

'62 Miller Meteor Landau Traditional endloader. (Even without seeing interior, your coach can't be a 3way without suicide rear side doors. Possible combination - unlikely - if it has jump seats in rear compartment.) Base price when new was $10,472. No production figures exist.

Value? Depending on level of completeness (skeg moldings missing for starters), glass being good (windshield and rear door glass mainly), extent of rust, etc. $1200-$3000.

Comment

Awsome thanks for your help. The more i look at it the more i begin to love it think its ganna end up being the bands new tour bus. ganna start the restoration process needs a new bench seat , carpet, and headliner. Do a rust treatment and fix a few of the worse spots but all and all i belive i will leave it close to the shape it is in now. Something about it looks unloved and creepy but anyway thanks for the info now i have something i can search whats not as common as 62 hearse lol

Comment

Sweet ride, I am a sucker for those older landau models. Are you located here in Denver?

Comment

No im in big ole Louisiana and yea just something about the bubble shape im hooked lol. Just started to tackel the restore can't wait to get it ready and hit a few car shows this thing is ganna spin heads its amazing how many people stop infront of my home to look at this thing guess its not something you see every day

Comment

All are right, 1962 Miller Meteor Landau. Almost the same as mine. I'd have to take a stab without more pictures and say this is likely an endloader due to the door handle placement on the rear doors. To my knowledge if there is no B pillar and no divider it is a 3-way. But for 3-ways the door handles, front and rear, are both situated together not each at the rear of their perspective doors. Also, everything I've heard or found through research is that the records for miller meteor back then are lost (in a fire?) I'd also love to know production numbers etc and have never found them.

Comment

I had a lot of people from the neighbor hood I never met before stop by to get out and look at mine before I put her behind the gate. Yeah, they certainly get some attention.

I also wish that I could find out more information about the 62's. I did read that Cadillac only built something like 2300 commercial chassis cars that year, but how many were limo's, hearses, etc, I could not find. I would really like to find out where my car was first used in service. Something else that I find interesting is the minute differences between the MM hearses... the side mirrors on mine are located on the door, not on the fender like your's VP.

Comment

I think the limo chassis is different than the CC

Comment

Originally posted by Haasmama View Post
                              I also wish that I could find out more information about the 62's. I did read that Cadillac only built something like 2300 commercial chassis cars that year, but how many were limo's, hearses, etc, I could not find. I would really like to find out where my car was first used in service. Something else that I find interesting is the minute differences between the MM hearses... the side mirrors on mine are located on the door, not on the fender like your's VP.
                              If you can find out the how many commercial chassis were built in 62 and get someone with the Superior book to tell the number of Superiors built in 62. You can subtract the Superiors, but there are still S&S and Eureka that built on the CC.

Comment

Working...
                              X