Casket Cooler project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casket Cooler project

Here were the pictures after setting the acrylic lid liners in & the foam tub liner.
    Attached Files

Here is what happened after the spray foam can exploded while filling the lids to insulate them.

$100 worth of acrylic destroyed, 1 shirt destroyed, $24 in spray foam now gone, my hard foam liner is melted from the spray foam & hours of clean up & now need to fine money for more acrylic.

Great Stuff isn't so great, over $200 wasted & 8+ hours of time gone. Now I am using a different insulator on the lids.
    Attached Files

Comment

WOW

Man that sucks.....I just used foam board and then silicone them in place. You going to add a drain plug? I didn't at first then tried to lift it with the ice/water and about blew my nuts out! Looks good!

Comment

I spent all day Sunday redoing the acrylic work. I am using foam board in the bottom & foam rubber in the lids now.
        I am installing a drain, can be seen in the pictures below.
        Attached Files

Comment

Remember friend, as you pass by.
          As you are now, so once was I.
          As I am now, you soon shall be.
          So, prepare for death & follow me.
          To follow you I'll not consent,
          Until I know which way you went.

Cooler is looking good!

Comment

Here is the tap setup.
            The Honey Brown was the original tap assembly, the HD Flying Torso is the custom tap, almost done with both taps.
            Attached Files

Comment

That looks good. No, I mean, that really looks good right now.

Will it tap Guinness? People always tell me that their setups can't do it because it takes nitrogen.

Comment

OK, not to take away from any fun project, but why not just get a regular store cooler and put it in the casket? (would have already saved $200 - LOL )
                That's my plans on the casket I just got - I can also use any unused space as storage of cups, plates etc. - plus I can keep the inside "semi" useable / stock looking - say for people to get in and take pictures at shows.

Comment

I though about it. I looked around for one that was close to the internal measurements of the bottom of the casket. But I couldn't find any.
                  Plus, it occured to me, nothing I do/have is really "store bought". I always like custom stuff & I haven't worked with plastics in a fabrication application since Junior High. Also, the tub is going to have internal lights to back light the ice & a projector that projects a skull onto the inside of the lid when the lid is opened.

Comment

Agreed. I just saw one in Hell, custom made casket for the cooler out of wood, looked cheesy. I think it's more impressive to open the lid and just have it be there, not open the lid and THEN the cooler.

Comment

well kaptin that sounds friggin awesome when ya get it done, youll have to take pictures of it when ya get it all done and finished up

Comment

Here are both taps, once the fab work is done they will sit at the same height. The 2 HD Torsos are slightly different, on the Harley bike, one is for the front & one is for the back.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Flymanj3 View Post
                          OK, not to take away from any fun project, but why not just get a regular store cooler and put it in the casket? (would have already saved $200 - LOL )
                          That's my plans on the casket I just got - I can also use any unused space as storage of cups, plates etc. - plus I can keep the inside "semi" useable / stock looking - say for people to get in and take pictures at shows.
                          Problem with doing that is (assuming your going to lay it flat in the coffin) the compressor has a oil bath assembly that is designed for vertical use only. Unless you phyiscally changed the plumming and mounting of the compressor, it would burn up within hours of start up. Ask me how I know...

Next concern is the placement of the keg(s). Are you going to lay the kegs down on their sides? At some point the pickup for the tap will be above the fluid level in the keg. I'm not sure if it is a solid pickup or a klunker type pickup in kegs.

Comment

2 pony kegs standing upright fit under the lids and a CO2 tank will be along side the casket & mount underneath to keep the kegs at pressure.

Comment

That will work! See this is what happens when you go big! Kegs were to big to stand up and useless when the lay on there side. I gave up after that. I just wanted the biggest amount of beer. Good thinking. Keep those pictures coming.

Comment

Working...
                              X