Bustin Out the bushings....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bustin Out the bushings....

So tomorrow I'm gonna try to change the upper control arm bushing on the 70'. I bought a harbor freight press and two bushings from Auto zone. The only concern I got is that some sites list two different size bushing available for the car while others (like Auto zone) only have one size listed. I have never done this type of repair only because I lacked the tools needed. I was going to do the ball joint at the same time but the cost of that thing was a bit too much. Plus I can always change them out on the car. Derrick, have you changed your out yet? Any advise from anyone?

Custom Coffin Works.com

Yikes,
    I might take the arms and new bushings to a machine shop. Parts in hand might not be too bad of a price.

Comment

I understand the process and have the tools. I should be fine. Funny to hear that kind of comment coming from you Evil. After the beautiful car you did I wouldn't think you wouldn't shy away from anything..That cross member you made with the exhaust tube in itself was an accomplishment!

Comment

That cross member you made with the exhaust tube in itself was an accomplishment!
        The crossmember was built from scratch. It took 3 tries to get it right.

When I screwed up the first 2, I just threw them away. Can't do that with hard to find OE parts.

Comment

Done..

After four hours of removing this to get to that...I finally have new bushings on the right side. And a new shock, and a new brake hose, and a new sway bar link...Seems like I needed to do five side things to get to the bushings. My press worked fine and who needs a GM official tool kit! Couple of scrap angle iron and I'm set! Now I think I should do the other side just so they match...Oh and when they say in capitol letters to be careful of the coil spring because it could pop out? They were wrong...that sucker LAUNCHES out when the pressure is released..WOW

Custom Coffin Works.com

Comment

Working...
          X