Newbie, in Texhoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie, in Texhoma

Hi, I just joined, and thought I'd give ya'll a little background about myself.  I'm from the Texhoma area, just south of the red river, and I have wanted a hearse for as long as I can remember, however, I just now have the opportunity to purchase one. My only problem is, I am not sure how to go about it. I am kind of leary of online ads, but have read that funeral homes are a good place to purchase...is this true? Fill me in, all the details, please.

Best thing to read before buying a hearse, http://www.hearseclub.com/resources/...ingahearse.htm

Comment

And don't be afraid to ask A LOT of questions
      Both from the seller and current owners. You will find some great people here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jus" Roach View Post
        And don't be afraid to ask A LOT of questions
        Both from the seller and current owners. You will find some great people here.
        Oddly enough, that may be why I've gone over a year, driving a loner car. I have to do a ton of research before I buy anything. Here is one of my main concerns....eventually, I plan to build me a place roughly 18 miles out in the country, 5 miles off the black top. Can a hearse be modified to handle this kind of terrain? I had been looking at 4wd for awhile, so idk.

Comment

Welcome from Tulsa!
          Tell EVERYONE you know you're looking for a hearse! You'll become "the hearse guy" and people will rat them out to you.
          My brother found my '88 Lincoln on RT 66 on his way to a funeral!

Comment

Just a thought, would my local car dealers have any chance of ever getting one in, to sell?

Comment

Originally posted by hippyman View Post
              Oddly enough, that may be why I've gone over a year, driving a loner car. I have to do a ton of research before I buy anything. Here is one of my main concerns....eventually, I plan to build me a place roughly 18 miles out in the country, 5 miles off the black top. Can a hearse be modified to handle this kind of terrain? I had been looking at 4wd for awhile, so idk.

Anything can be modified with the right skill \ money combination...

Comment

Just a thought, would my local car dealers have any chance of ever getting one in, to sell?
                It happens but not very often... There is a hearse limo dealer by me , but pretty far for you. The basics apply to finding one. CL, E-bay, car mags. , Word of mouth... hell we have a for sale section. Whats your price range and what are you looking for? Old New ?

Comment

I bought my hearse from a used car lot. There are some dealerships that sale procars. The funeral home have to buy them somewhere. If you know someone that is a funeral director ask them were they get their hearses from. The dealership might have some older models they got in on a trade. Craigslist is a great place to look and like Tulsa Guy said let everybody know you are looking. People will tell you about everyone they see, even ones being used in funerals.

Comment

Just curious, how often do flxible models pop up? I love thier body styles

Comment

They're out there, I got a '64 Premier based on an Electra, and a buddy just beat me to a '48 combo that was only about five miles from our shop.
                      Try checking out Francisco Funeral Car Sales in Tulsa.
                      They often put vehicles on Ebay
                      Last edited by Tulsa Guy; 11-05-2012, 02:19 PM.

Comment

So are these cars better used for primary cars, or project cars?

Comment

That's up to you.. They use a lot of gas and they are big... I have used mine for everything from a daily driver, to a scrap metal hauler, to a camper... If you can aford the gas drive it..

Comment

Dumb question time, but how many people will a hearse seat? I notice 4 doors, so I always figured front and back seats, however, the more I get to looking, the more I find that may not be the case.

Comment

Most strait hearse's will fit 3 people in the front seat. The back is just a cargo area for the casket. A combo will have flip up jump seats in the back.

Comment

Working...
                              X