Part search, HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part search, HELP!

I need to get a new ignition switch for my 1977 cadillac hearse, due to my parents losing the keys while I was out of town. When I go to a parts store though they don't know how to look it up because HEARSE isn't in the computer. Does anyone know what the closest model would be? Or perhaps have another suggestion to this problem perhaps?

My guess would be fleetwood. If I had to really guess I would say any GM car built for that and the next decade.

Comment

Yep. Go with a Fleetwood.

Comment

You are actually needing an Ignition lock cylinder....I actual switch is located down the column under the dash and actuated with a rod from the lock cylinder.... Any cadillac the same year should be good...If you got anything in the glove box with your hearse such as owners manual or sales info.. the key tabs might just be there or the numbers written down and you could go to a GM dealer and have them cut you a new one....Some dealers can cut you a key by taking in the cylinder and they will remove the tumblers and either cut a new key or recode and cut a key.... just some other options.,..

Comment

I would guess Fleetwood as that and Brougham have been basically the same parts. I had no keys to the locks of my doors when I got my 72 Caddy, so I took one of the locks out of the door and took it to a locksmith who was able to make me a key for $35. Not sure if this is what you have to do but just putting it out there.

Comment

Thanks guys! got one and switched. Its the same for all the caddy's that year.

Comment

Working...
            X