Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calif registration HELP needed please

Calif registration HELP needed please
    Hi I just recd letter in mail from DMV saying i need to turn in my lic plates which read "DIG1UP" which I have had for 2 years now, because they said my 1979 Miller is a commercial car, because title says HR and is a automoble on paper, but because of the HR it must be turned in and change to commercial car again. It has been reg, as non- commercial for the last 15 years. Now for the frist time they want me to go and get my car weigh and pay weigh fees never had to do this before , what can I do. has any one else have this problem.

I know it's no help, but I had just read about this somewhere and can't find it. A lot of hearse owners in Cali. were going thru hell with this now and never before. Some new law I guess to increase revenue. I'll keep looking.

Comment

First off its not over 10k gross weight. No extra fees. You can reclass it no charge as a station wagon, you can file a paper stating privately owned no longer in service commercially. You can blow it off as there is not a due date. It's not personal to hearse owners. That car was once commetcial so the system sent you the letter. Always a way around it.

Comment

Mine is registered as a station wagon as well. (keeps my insurance cheaper too)

Comment

Well the break down in is fee's anything over 5001 lbs is $154.00 per year thats what I had to pay last week DMV total fees were 273.00. I could only change body from HR to SW if I cut the back and put fold down seats in it and I dont want to cut any thing up I want to leave it stock.
          Originally posted by cupcake View Post
          First off its not over 10k gross weight. No extra fees. You can reclass it no charge as a station wagon, you can file a paper stating privately owned no longer in service commercially. You can blow it off as there is not a due date. It's not personal to hearse owners. That car was once commetcial so the system sent you the letter. Always a way around it.

Comment

Here's a freebie. You get a rear seat from a van. Make some brackets to bolt it down to the roller mounts, get it signed off. Easy peasy. No cutting of the floor required.

Comment

it seems like california is full of communist nazis

Comment

Originally posted by chestypuller View Post
                it seems like california is full of communist nazis
                pretty much, when i registered mine i was lucky enough to have a guy who had no idea what to do, but understood i was not using it for commercial purposes. he marked it as a wegon right off the bat, so i never got this notice.

Comment

I hate Illi... California nazis.

Again, I can't wait for it to break off and sink into the ocean.

Comment

if it wasent for all the bikini girls i would feel the same way.

Comment

if it wasent for all the bikini girls i would feel the same way.

Comment

Go visit the coast of South Carolina some time then.

Comment

Im glad i came across this. I just moved to SoCal and i plan on using my tax return to make a long time dream of owning a 1972 Cadillac hearse a reality. Any help is welcomed. New to the site as well, so feel free to point me in the right direction of any California groups on here.

Comment

My suggestion is that people go and get a lawyer and fight this in court. Its bullshit when these are obviously classic cars. Unless you're actually doing funerals with them I see no need for it and even then fuck the state.

Comment

Ive had no problem registering either 4 of my pro-cars. They are for personal use only. If you use them commercially than you get to pay fees. but they also have to prove that you are using it commercially.

Comment

Working...
                              X