Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since I did not get to attend the South Eastern Regional Meet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since I did not get to attend the South Eastern Regional Meet.

As many know already I was hell bent on being at this meet, however the gods decided I needed to do bigger better things. The weekend before, "the call" came in that a great friend of mine had gotten a kidney! Yes, he was almost to the point of giving up hope on finding one. So as some know, transplants take a good chunk of time and a medical proxy has to be pretty much there all the time.

Since Asheville was a bust for me after slaving my ass on a coach to debut. Mind you that this was to be a record re-do for me (2 weeks - mechanical, body & paint). Here is the 68 S&S Victoria!

Purchased from a friend last winter. She was set to rot in his field since he already restored his 68 M&M and didn't feel the need of having another coach to feed.

DONE!! Lets see what others I can get re-done before next years meet. No, I am no one elses medical proxy. I WILL BE THERE DAMMIT!!

Looks great! is this the one you were painting while the neighbor was cutting the grass?

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
      Looks great! is this the one you were painting while the neighbor was cutting the grass?
      Yes it is. wet sand + polish + wet sand + polish + flip the neighbor off as he comes home from work + polish = A mighty fine black bitch!

Comment

Looks great.....awesome job.......I would have had to make the neighbor pay for a repaint if it was me......but still an awesome job, really like this coach.

Comment

Rear loading door looks SO much better matching rest of the top from the waist up. Was never a fan of how S&S originally did those. Very nice subtle touch. Sail panels came out great. How did you renovate those/get that effect? Again, great attention to detail. Much sharper than before.

Comment

What did You do with the roof?

Comment

Originally posted by travlinman View Post
              What did You do with the roof?
              This is the first coach I wanted try something different on. I usually use Flextex VT through a texture gun and intended on doing so this time. However, when fixing a roof vent on my shop (which is right in front of where this coach was parked) I had an Einstein idea.

Using a stupid little can of "as seen on TV" spray rubber sealant I noticed the further I held the spray the bigger the texture. DAH HA! I almost fell down the ladder to go shoot some to see what would happen. S&S has a larger grain pattern in the original vinyl tops and this was close enough for me. Flextex provides the same grain size as Superior provided on their textured tops and it would not look quite right on this coach.

This whole roof was wire wheel ground then rust killed. Once those 2 major things were done, the whole roof was etch primed. Then the paint as follows.

Primer
              FlexSeal
              Paintable Bed Liner
              Spray Black Satin

This all built the armor layer up just a little greater than what a vinyl replacement thickness would be. You can take a screwdriver and grind it sideways and it don't even phase the paint now.

IT WILL NOT EVER LEAK OR PEEL AGAIN!

From 5 feet away, you cannot tell what type of roof it is. Hell for all the folks that have a crappy top, just FlexSeal it without the rest of my list. CHEAP and you will love the outcome.

FlexSeal is almost the same as swimming pool paint, it has a great UV resistance as well as a killer bond to metal.

Comment

Working...
              X