Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to buy/sell/locate something? FILL OUT YOUR LOCATION!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to buy/sell/locate something? FILL OUT YOUR LOCATION!!!

Okay, so a lot of newbies lately, and some of them want help with locating parts or whole cars. I don't have a problem with this. I'm a nice guy. I like to help. But if the location of the individual who wants something isn't disclosed, I will end up giving you a link to EXACTLY what you want 2,500 miles away!

Is it possible to make a form to fill out on the wanted/for sale boards so they can "follow the bouncing ball"? Seems a little retarded to want/need that, but apparently.....

I take it something didn't go well?

Comment

Nope, just frustrated with people asking for help finding something and not indicating where the hell they are. I have access to a bunch of search programs for parts and whole cars. If you need something, tell me how close to Bellybutton Nebraska you need it to be...

Comment

Nope, just frustrated with people asking for help finding something and not indicating where the hell they are.
        Maybe you could set the tone by filling out YOUR location Boogeyman? Yours says "Location: DFW" on every post, whatever that is. Alot of us who have been on here for years know where eachother exists... but the newbies have no clue. For whatever reason alot of us either leave our location blank or put some cheesy remark there. I ain't picking a fight or starting shit, just saying our locations filled out would benefit everyone more than we know after reading your post.
        I see your point exactly about NEEDING a location for parts & complete procars... so if our correct location was filled out when we register it would be displayed on every post we make. Location can be modified in the "User CP" tab in case members want to change theirs.

Comment

Fair enough. DFW is short for DALLAS / FORT WORTH by the way...

Comment

Spot on topic Larry. Now go back to DFW. And keep hitting those Walmarts buddy.

Comment

LOL

Im sorry, but is BellyButton Nebraska a real town???

Comment

Yeah, it's just a happy trail north of Dugan, slightly north of Nootz and a taint throw north of Ayhole.

Comment

haha can you find a rust free hood for a 73 cadillac close to 32258? Also a super cheap HEI distributor very close to here?

Comment

Hmm...
                    looks like I'm about 2200 miles from Bellybutton.

j/k. This is a problem on EVERY board I belong to (approx 7?) I just tell them that I'm interested in their part/car, but not sure if I'm 10 miles or 3000 miles away. Usually, I get a location on their next response. Agreed though, people neeed to realize that the internet has made the world both bigger and smaller at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradox View Post
                      haha can you find a rust free hood for a 73 cadillac close to 32258? Also a super cheap HEI distributor very close to here?
                      Did a quick check in your zip code. Nada. but looking for rust free parts near the ocean is not an easy task...

Comment

tell me about it

Comment

1st post - looking for '59 coach = Permaban

Comment

I understand your frustration! So let us be real! These type of parts are not to be located in the neighbors shed...must be purchased or located where avail;able. If the owner doesn't realise the rarity of the vehicle being repaired then maybe they should not have it or become familiar with the difficulty in getting parts. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                            X