cold weather needs to go away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cold weather needs to go away

i want to get some hearse meets starting up for our club, but this weather is sucking pretty bad. too much cold and rain for me... may have to wait until after mardi gras... *sigh*

I agree, weather sucks. At least I got My heater blowing cold air, but its a start, LOL.

Comment

I've been wanting to work on my car to make it to said meets but not out in this weather. better than being in northern weather though

Comment

Northern weather isn't so bad, so the temperature may have a 30 - 50 degree differential in 12 hour period. It makes it better for summer and in the dog days of summer and all are complaining about the heat, just mention the -20 days of winter and ask which is it they would rather have.. Got appreciate life's simple pleasures.

Comment

All of you can shut the fuck up. We just got hit by a fucking blizzard here. I'd be doing shit year round if I was down in NOLA.

Too cold to do anything other than sit at home and be a hermit. Waiting 20 minutes for the car to warm up sucks, can't work on it without a heated garage, etc... Not to mention they salt the roads here to melt the snow, which is not car friendly at all.

Comment

i'll take dog days anyday, and a heateda garage would be nice too. i want my cake and eat it too

Comment

This weather sucks. I've got a list of stuff to do to the Caddy Hearse since we finally scored 2 front doors and it don't look like the cold is going to leave anytime soon.

Comment

Historically car clubs will sit dormant until at least mid to late April before they start doing anything interesting. Build up a fan base on the internet - hunt down every single hearse owner that is online that isn't here and is local (or just start hunting down hearse owners who aren't here and bring them here!) and get you a mass of folks to kick it off with. You'll be glad you did.

Comment

There are a few hearse owners over on the modified Cadillac board, and some of those people are crazy enough to work on their cars all winter long.

It's 70 degrees here in Tucson, but only for a few hours, and it still feels cold to me. Once you open the door and get into a car, everything is still damned cold inside. One nice thing about a coach, though, is that you can put an electric space heater on the mound without setting it on fire, and do your electrical and interior work.

-denise

Comment

Hell I remember in October a few years ago I was doing promotions for a haunted house (see video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZsietpmrME ) and it was PORING rain and about 50 degrees out (which everyone whines about until it hits 30, and then 50 sounds great to them again). Well we were in the back of his hearse and had my little space heater, a TV, and a PS2 taking turns playing Resident Evil 4 eating a $5 hot-n-ready pizza and drinking Pepsi.

Comment

most of our local cruise nights pick back up in March... so we'll have fun again then.

maybe we can do a cemetery crawl in late February after Mardi Gras. i'm "dying" to do one of those and get some good pictures of all the club cars that we can.

in the meantime, i'll get to working on Psychoholic's suggestion.

and that is a good idea about the space heaters

Comment

Car show at the local Superpetz in Charleston SC this Sunday. High in the mid 40's. May ride by, but I'm not standin out in the cold.

Comment

Originally posted by dead ed View Post
                          Car show at the local Superpetz in Charleston SC this Sunday. High in the mid 40's. May ride by, but I'm not standin out in the cold.
                          so how was it? i don't blame ya for not wanting to hang out in the cold.

Comment

Decided to just go hang out at a friend's tattoo shop. I'll do car shows when the weather warms up.

Comment

I finally got the heater blowing hot today, felt so good I might sleep in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X