Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aluminum radiator for the 71-76 hearses!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum radiator for the 71-76 hearses!!!

I just got my brand spanking new radiator for my 74 cadillac hearse. It looks good and is a direct replacement. Really!!! it got here fast, and I'll have it in the car this week! the best part was it's only $159.00 plus 30.00 shipping. That's cheaper than crappy autozone!!!

can you get the radiator repaired if it springs a leak?

Comment

good deal, keep that monster running cool.

Comment

AWESOME! just in time for the hot weather too. it'll be here soon enough.

Comment

That's a great deal & I hope it works out for you.
          I've seen some of the aluminum radiators that are of inferior quality & the welds fatigue. Hopefully this radiator is not the case. My aluminum radiator for my 75 cost $600, less than $200 is a smokin' deal.
          Last edited by kaptinkaos; 03-08-2010, 08:29 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Shit I just replaced my radiator in my 74 cadillac as well. I bought a 4 core of line for $150 but it kept over heating so I went to a radiator shop and it cost me $450 for a new one but its sweet and I have had no problems.

Comment

Aluminum radiator

I have confidence that this will be a good radiator because it comes with a full moneyback guarentee + shipping. even if I just don't like it. I'll have it in Thurs. before work. We're gonna flush the block out too. Right now I have the radiator from 1974... it's a little hurt, some passages are blocked and it's been soldered back together twice that I know of. I know I shoulda upgraded when I rebuilt the engine, but I was on a strict budget, but ... you can't skimp on things like cooling. I'll let you all know how it turns out!

Comment

Where did you get it? Does it have plastic endcaps? I might need one when I pull my front end apart to do the timing.

Comment

champion cooling systems

I found it on e bay, it's a store called Champion cooling systems. It has the threaded inlets for transmission cooling - but I have an external cooler . It's shipped with plastic caps covering the inlets, also comes with a new cap.

Comment

Are the side tanks plastic too?

Comment

no plastic

It's an all aluminum radiator... only the end caps are plastic ... to protect the inlets form getting anything in it. The radiator itself is 100% aluminum.Tanks and all!

Comment

no plastic. The end caps are just to keep stuff out of the inlet/outlet. 100% aluminum, tanks and all!

Comment

Working...
                        X