hearse project update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hearse project update

so, we've been making some progress on our hearse project. for those of you who missed the first installment, click here: http://www.nationalhearse.net/forums...ead.php?t=5678

we scored an awesome rust-free donor roof piece in the local junk yard and cut out the bad part of the roof by the windshield. got the new piece in... welded, bolted, sealed to the fiberglass, ground, massaged, metal-to-metal'd, and coated with rust encapsulator. a new windshield is on order and should be in soon. we're still working at getting all that damn glue from the vinyl top off. slowly, but surely. then we can rhino-line the fiberglass roof.

now for some pics...

here's what it looked like after we cut out the rotted area of the roof on top of the windshield

Scott grinding away to make a perfect fit for the new patch piece

the patch piece

test fitting the new patch piece in place

screwing it together on the inside

bodycaulk and metal-to-metal sealing it all up

Scott going to town on the stubborn vinyl glue

all sealed up and rust-proofed

i can't wait till we can get this ride back on the road... next steps are to get that roof covered in bedliner and do the maintenance issues: trans flush, oil change, etc. then we can drive him around for a bit until it's time for paint... and we score some cool wheels.

Leave it to Scott to do shit the hard way... I have a disc that'll strip that roof in a few hours! goes on the grinder and is much bigger than that little disc I see in the pic!

Comment

lollz... now ya tell us! d'oh!

Comment

Ya'll makin me feel bad, that I'm not workin on my 80 S&S. Just too damn broke to get up the road to work on her. I got lots of rust repair to do, and I know she isn't gettin any better just sittin there.

Comment

Working...
        X