hearse project progress part 3... LOTS of pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hearse project progress part 3... LOTS of pics

made some more progress on the hearse project this past week. last Sunday, i did a custom headliner for the car. Wednesday, we got the windshield installed. Saturday, Scott installed a new receiver and replaced the old busted speakers with new Boston Acoustics. today, we put bedliner on the top and it came out great. it was really easy to apply, too. now for some pics...

here's the custom headliner i made:

here's the new JVC stereo:

now the hearse has bluetooth too:

here's the new windshield... this mofo will never leak with all the urethane caulk holding it on

and here's some before and after pics of the new "top"... it does kinda look like vinyl too. it's way more glossy than i thought it would be:

we had some bedliner left over, so we did the car trailer too lollz

and just a few more...

and we got some new stickers to mark the occasion:

Scott just ordered some black modular wheels with a polished lip from Summit. they should be here Wednesday... WOOT!!!!

Comment

i love the roof where did you get the supplys also what should i do for the holes in my roof i wanna do what you just did on your coach any info helps

Comment

we ordered 3 kits of Gator Guard II from Eastwood. the kits each come with a quart of the bedliner and the activator. if you put it on kinda thin (1 coat), you'd prolly only need 2 quarts... but we put it on kinda thick in spots cuz we had to try and hide a lot of rivets and the drip ledge plates.

since our roof was all fiberglass, Scott just filled any holes with body putty and sanded it down. the bedliner went over everything very nicely and it came out great... and way more glossy than i thought it would be which makes me happy

Comment

ill have to try that i wanna lay it on thick because you can see where my roof has been welded

Comment

Lookin Good

Comment

This is great to have this board to VENT on.

I ordered the wheels, lug nuts, and center cap sunday night. Expected date of arrival wed and thurs on center caps. Today I get home and there are the boxes waiting. I pulled them inside ran around the house gathering everything I needed to go outside and start mounting them. I jacked up the front pulled the tire off and installed the new rim. WOW fits great and looks good. Get the lugs and SOB they don't fit. No big deal since I know thats an easy fix. I mounted the tire on the wheel and used the stock lugs until I could make the call to get the correct lugs. Lowered the car to jack up the rear. Pulled the tire off and mounted it on a new wheel. Excited as hell since these look great I attempted to put the wheel on the rear and it won't fit. Now its dark so I figured I just wasn't seeing well so I grabbed a light and motherfucker the holes on the rim are off just barely. Confused as hell I went and got one of the other wheels. All are 15x7 with 5 lug pattern 4.75". I tried all 3 and not a single one fit. I then jacked up the other side of the car and to my luck the same shit, it wont fit. No its not the car's fault but now my blood is starting to boil. This is why I hate the aftermarket when it comes to shit that is suppose to fit correctly. Pissed to the point that everything is going wrong, i jacked up the front where the wheel fits fine. I then tried all 3 other wheels and not a single one fits,,,, WHY?????? Every box is marked the same. The only thing I can see is that the holes might need to be reamed out. I called Summit and they are picking the 3 up along with the wrong lugs they told me the car needed. I guess there is a chance I might have the correct wheels by Sat nights first cruise night, but this really sucks right now.

Comment

thats so fucking bullshit

Comment

That sux about the wheels .. but she's lookin' good! i found all my airbrush equipment, so lemme know when yer ready for some skull work!

Comment

yeah, when i got ome from work last night i was expecting to see Scott all excited since i knew the wheels were coming yesterday. i got home and he wasn't happy, and i was like "uh-oh" then i heard what happened when he called Summit. total bummer. we really want to have those wheels on for the cruise night Saturday. i hope they get us the right wheels in time.

Comment

That really sux....I hate it when stuff like that happens and it seems to happen (at least to me) more times than not.

Comment

And the hits continue...

Got home to one more box at the door, Center caps. Open the box up and found 4 brand new chrome caps opened on the end to fit a 4x4 front axle.

You think he could have at least gotten 2 correct. . Crazy Crazy Crazy

All boxes are clearly marked 5 x 4.75 but thats not what is in the box,,, SO I got back on the phone with Summit. I told them what I figured out with the wheels and told them about the problem with the center caps. They are shipping me new caps and the lugs and wheels are on the way. I don't know if they will make it in time, but the guy at Summit was cool about the problem and is comping me the caps. I just hope I don't get the wrong bolt pattern again.
                        Last edited by LorcinLS1; 04-20-2010, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Well 2 of the wheels showed up Saturday

Both boxes are labeled 15x7 5-4.75 bolt pattern

Yep you guessed it, inside the boxes are 15x7 5-4.50 bolt pattern.

The other wheel is suppose to be here tuesday, I bet its wrong too.

Also had a problem with the car not wanting to idle. Problem is a bad EGR. It took a while to figure out since I found a few vac leaks. I had this motor before in a cutlass so finding the leaks is old news but still can be a pain with the millions of feet of rubber under the hood. New EGR should be in tomorrow.

........stay tuned for more adventures of the Scott Hearse show
                          Last edited by LorcinLS1; 04-18-2010, 10:23 PM.

Comment

I thought most Caddys were 5X5 bolt circle.

Comment

It is 5x5 measuring from the outside to center skipping a lug

The problem I had was I told them everything about the car except that it is a Hearse since that always throws people off. The guy shipped me the 4.75 boxes and measuring center to center that would be correct. I do know better but figured it would be easier to tell him so he could look up what I needed since most of the time thats what they want to do anyway.

Why is it that all patterns are measured center to center except for 5 lug

I'm still waiting on the 3 wheels. Correct lugs and caps are here.

Comment

Working...
                              X