project 86 Caddy hearse progress update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• project 86 Caddy hearse progress update

so as a few of you may have noticed at the last cruise night, Scott has been busy repainting the 86 Caddy hearse since the cemetery crawl in August. he has spent the last few weeks sanding, bondo-ing, taping off, spraying, sanding some more, and buffing. it's not totally finished yet (we still have one door left to install, and he has some wet sanding and buffing to do to get the paint all pretty) but hopefully he'll be done by the end of this month. he even did some new stuff yesterday... so i just wanted to post up pics for those of you who have been following the progress. the paint he used was duplicolor paint that you can buy at the local parts store.

he started by spraying two doors we got off a junk yard donor car because our 2 front doors had some bad rust in places:

then, he did the driver's fender, hood, and rear door:

prepped and taped:

primered:

more to come...
    Last edited by SunsetHawkSelena; 09-23-2010, 05:42 PM.

white:

then, he sanded and sprayed the nose and passenger fender:

front cap complete:

more to come...

Comment

then he did the passenger side from the second door back since we are replacing the two front doors:

the the drivers side was next:

got the driver's door installed:

more to come...

Comment

and since we didn't have time to install the passenger side door before our cruise night, Scott had a little fun on the old door:

and this is what he did yesterday. that is all hand painted except the "bodies only" decal.

Scott also plans to airbrush some skulls on the lower part of the rear doors and rear quarter panels. so we don't have any clear on those areas yet. once the airbushing is done, he can clear it and then work on wet-sanding and buffing and putting the chrome back on and stuff.

whatcha think so far?

Comment

it is looking GREAT selena very very good

Comment

Now I know where to bring Mine, Damn wind ain't died down yet. Nice.

Comment

I always thought that car was cool, and now it just got cooler!!!! : )

Comment

Working...
              X