Damn it!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn it!!

I absolutely hate buying things online and when you get it , it doesn't fit. I got a new aircleaner, and now I can't close the hood. I knew a guy with a 72 and he had the same intake and carb I do..he bought the aircleaner I got and had no clearance problems. I have to wonder what's so different about a 72's hood. next time I see Ray's car I'll have to look at it more closely

That's why I just build my own, lol.

Comment

If You make Cruzin the Coast, I'm out here.

Comment

Originally posted by Creepy Cruiser View Post
        That's why I just build my own, lol.
        I wanted to do that.. but I have too many questions.. like how do you get a filter element? or do you buy a filter element and build the box around it? I guess it won't matter soon as I plan on stuffing an LS1 in there.

Comment

For me, I usually mock the whole thing up in cardboard first to get the basic design concept worked out (mounting, hood clearance, etc...). Then I find a element that will fit my needs, and make and any changes to the cardboard one that it might need. Then transfer it all over the steel or aluminum and make it happen.

Comment

that's a bummer, T. i dunno how many times we've bought aftermarket parts and either had to modify it to make it work, or it just wouldn't work at all. soooo frustrating.

Comment

Working...
            X