Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll blame Scott, and my friends at F.A.P. machine....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll blame Scott, and my friends at F.A.P. machine....

After driving the Formula fo a while, and after years of listening to Stacy's good natured ribbing about my big Caddy motor.... I've decided to stuff an LS1 into the hearse. The boys at F.A.P. machine are looking for a deal on one as of this writing. this'll happen after the body work.... somewhere in between the interior and final paint. I've been looking at the 700r4 trans.. just gotta work out the driveshaft details. LS1's are good for up to 500 hp, and the efi is a stand alone unit .. I won't have to rewire the whole car to make it work.

What kind of torque are they good for? Built up 472s are pretty wicked.

Comment

The torque numbers are good just at a higher rmp. Typically something like 450 hp with Torque rating around 440 @ 5500 rpm. Thats where the big block caddys would make something like that around 2000 rpm. The nice thing about the new LS motors is they are consistant and almost never miss a beat.

Comment

yeah, the big blocks have torque way lower down the RPM range... but them LS1's ain't no slouches as far as small blocks go should be an interesting swap for sure.

Comment

That should make for a nice burnout machine!

Comment

My buddies a fap say they have one that makes 500 hp on just a tuning of the computer! No cam swap or nitro or anything! They stuck it in a monte carlo (bla)

Comment

Working...
            X