No announcement yet.

I'm gonna tell you all a story of heartbreak, broken trust, and disappointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm gonna tell you all a story of heartbreak, broken trust, and disappointment

I saw my car today... Last time I saw her it looked as if things were going well.I used to work as a body man.. I know how it goes.. I also know what finished is. It was suposed to be $1200.000 and it was suposed to be a deal where I wouldn't have to do anything. A bodyshop offered to straighten it out and spray it with epoxy primer out the door done for 1200.00 My "friend" said he'd do it for the same amount, and kept on untill I agreed. He's got bills to pay and I like to help out friends... seemed like a good idea at the time. What I got back was not what I paid for.. also I had to give him 300.00 more for supplies! $1500.00 and I still have to block sand the shit out of it.. at least three days worth of sanding left to find the fucking body lines.. I don't have time for this because of my work schedule.. which is why I paid for someone else to do it. This is the lesson.. No one is going to love your car as much as you do.. no one is going to take the care of it or spend the time on it.. so I suggest you all do your own work. $1500.00 is a hard lesson to learn when money's tight.. so I thought I'd spare you all that lesson and give ya a heads up. Take it from me and do it yourself!

sorry to hear that at least you got her back and can finish her. it would really suck if you didn't know how to do body work at all

Comment

Stop looking at the bright side!! I'm still busy being pissed off!! we'll look at the bright side next week!

Comment

Friends and Body work, never work out. Put that rage into sanding that car, and you'll be done in no time.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Body lines are a bitch. When I first got the 72, it needed some 1/4 panel work. A young friend, Who worked a body shop, took an air sander to the 1/4 panel and destroyed the lines, was a bitch to reshape and restore. He did not understand the importance or the shape that these cars have.

Comment

lollz. sorry about that...

that shit sucks ass!!

there, is that better?

Comment

Sorry to hear that kind of news dude. I been there, done that,and got the t-shirt. I feel your pain, unfourtunately i am so hard headed and thick that it will probably happen to me again. But shit, thanks for the heads-up lesson, mabey we can learn from this. PS. Tell your ( FRIEND ) Iff'n hees gonna dig-a-hole, at least fill it up when hees fucki'n done! FUCKIN THANKS!!! TREAD HARD DUDE!!!!
              Last edited by CREEPY; 12-30-2010, 04:20 PM.

Comment

I got a customer that's gonna help me out with a spot to straighten out this mess, and another dude will let me use his paint booth... this shit ain't over !

Comment

Yep, seen that movie... 5K for a back floor and the body was welded to the frame, plus I still have to put gas in a drop at a time (fuel cell too high for filler tube).
                  "Friends" are good for a BJ, but don't let them work on your ride !!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X