700r4!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 700r4!!!!

I'm getting a new transmission!! 700r4 overdrive baby!!! as you all know my bellhousing cracked and we welded it back together.. which doesn't work well with a cast case.. so now since I'm planning on an ls1, I figured I'd start with a 700r4 trans. that way it'll be a hassle free swap down the road! Jegs makes a plate to bolt the 700r4 right up to my 472, just gotta cut the driveshaft to fit!!

I didn't see the Jegs one. Cad500 has 1 thats designed for racing, should be a strong piece. Have the case for the 72, didn't think You was up for a tranny swap with all that was going on. Later Guys.

Comment

good news, T!

Comment

I'm not really.. but you gotta strike while the iron is hot.. or some other saying that fits... A friend has six of the 700r4's coming into his transmission shop.. so I gotta get it before they're all gone, he also already has the adapter plate in his office... kind of like it was meant to be!

Comment

Add an external tranny cooler, for that 700 R4. Wish I would have added one. Almost smoked mine with only 2 yrs. on the rebuild. And this is on a 91 S&S, behind a 305.

Comment

yeah, trans coolers are the way to go. i'm pretty sure Tony has one now.

Comment

I already have one on the turbo 400.. but I'm most likely gonna get a new one soon

Comment

Working...
              X