anyone ever heard of this?!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone ever heard of this?!!!

Victoria is blowin all her water out the exhaust!! Completely empties the radiator in 2 trips to work!!.. She runs great, a barely noticable miss that goes away when I get on it .. also goes away at idle speed. No water in the oil at all not even a hint of it.. oh yea it's coming out both sides, I have true dual exhaust no cross over pipe no y pipe it's like I have a steam engine! wtf??!!

Blown head gaskets? Kind of odd you would blow two at the same time, but that's how the water gets into the exhaust...

Comment

I thought of that .. but she runs too smooth, also there would be water in the oil and there's not

Comment

even if it was blown head gaskets.. what are the odds I blow two at the same time in the same place so no water gets in the oil?

Comment

I'm thinking intake gasket. It's the only way it could cross both sides.

Comment

That's a Caddy 472? That's a dry intake so it's not a leak there. A compression test might be a good idea. Is combustion gas entering the cooling system? Sounds very strange indeed.
            There are a lot of different ways head gaskets can pop. It's not a given that water gets in the oil. But 2 of them at the same time out of nowhere sounds awfully unlikely.

Comment

I'm gonna do a compression test, and most likely pull the intake... I'll keep y'all posted as to what I find. I'm leaning towards the intake, because it's an edelbrock aluminum intake that's cracked once and been welded back... maybe it cracked again.

Comment

Yeah post what you find. I was thinking about that today and it sounds so wierd. The Caddy intake has no coolant flowing through it, so I can't see how that would cause that. I bet the compression test will tell you something. These brain teasers always get me going. Both sides, WTF?

Comment

Working...
                X