Fiberglass hood for an old caddy hearse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiberglass hood for an old caddy hearse

I started getting ready to make my fiberglass hood. Thursday when I'm off I'll start wetsanding and polishing my stock hood..and hopefully within a week or two I can start with the glasswork. I'll lay up 2 or 3 layers. then pull it off and it'll make a perfect mold. Then I'll flip it over, build a wooden frame around it and then I can spray my gelcoat. Once that dries I can lay up 3 layers of what will become my new hood. Then I won't have to lift 300 pounds every time I want to check my oil!

Post some pics if you can. I'd love to see how you do that.

Comment

You check Your oil?

Comment

sweet!

Comment

OIL??? What oil??? It's all in your driveway. LOL!!!

Comment

Actually, assholes..all my leaks have been addressed, and now I'm on to the body work!! @ mohawk freak.. if you google "how to make a fiberglass hood" it'll take you to an episode of musclecar tv and a step by step video!

Comment

Very cool, that always seemed like some mysterious process. It doesn't seem too bad. Hey if you wanna be the first on the block, make a 1pc. tilt nose for it!

Comment

Originally posted by CREEPY View Post
                OIL??? What oil??? It's all in your driveway. LOL!!!
                If I only I had known this before I did an oil change sat. I would have just needed a filter.

Comment

Quiz. Largest oill spill = B.P. or Tony's driveway ? LOL !!!!

Comment

At Mohawh freak: once you get started on a fiberglass project, you'll see it's kind of easy..it's the getting started part that's hard. you just have to make sure you mix your resin enough or it won't harden. Mix it with a stir stick and not you brush.. or you won't get a thorough mix and you'll have a mess. other than that there are no worries...if you mess up just cut that part off and do it again!

Comment

good luck, T!

Comment

Working...
                      X