it's on now, motherf^$%@&

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's on now, motherf^$%@&

how did we spend our good friday?? why we picked up another hearse, of course

woohoo!! we are so excited. found this puppy in baton rouge. the couple who was selling it are awesome folks and hopefully they will join us on here as they have a 70 Caddy hearse that is their pride and joy.

he's rough... doesn't run right now and needs trans work... but will be a perfect 'zombie outbreak response team' car. the vinyl top has a good bit of holes in it... and underneath is metal! so that's gonna have to come off. we don't want roof rot like we had on our 86.

and here's Robert and Larquelle's (sp?) gorgeous 70 Caddy hearse:

Nice!

Comment

Congratulations, good score. Looks well worth fixing. 1982?

Comment

I always liked the Superior Soverign hearses. Very cool find, hope you get it on the road soon

Comment

I was going to bid $801.00, but what the hell.

Comment

Blower motor!!!! Come on Scott you know you want to!! It doesn't run so you might as well! blower motor blower motor!!!!!

Comment

Effin-A-Dude!!!

Comment

How ya gonna get em all to the shows ? You drive one, Selena drives one, And your mascot drives the other. LOL!!!

Comment

yea, BLOWER MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks y'all. And oh yeah. Forgot to say... he's an 84 with the carburated 6.0. Woot!

Comment

Fuel pump was a nightmare to find. Every parts store only lists an electric fuel pump. Most even had the commercial chassis as well as limo for options in vehicle search. Limos from what I found are 6.0 , 4-6-8 motors and commercial chassis (Hearses) had the 6.0 carbed option. Every parts store search had the 6.0 carbed option which still gave a electric fuel pump part number. Finally asked to see a 79 fleetwood 425 pump. Turns out its the same pump. Hearse had a few other minor tweaks needed to carb and finally started and runs great.

Now I need to go thru the brakes and trans.

Comment

You right it's on, SPHEARSE&PROCARS will not go down without a fight. Had a peaceful night at Hooter's. NO BS. SP now has 3 Coaches, looks like I'm going to have to steal Ya'll Masgot to drive One.000_0018.jpg
                        Last edited by travlinman; 04-24-2011, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LorcinLS1 View Post
                          Fuel pump was a nightmare to find. Every parts store only lists an electric fuel pump. Most even had the commercial chassis as well as limo for options in vehicle search. Limos from what I found are 6.0 , 4-6-8 motors and commercial chassis (Hearses) had the 6.0 carbed option. Every parts store search had the 6.0 carbed option which still gave a electric fuel pump part number. Finally asked to see a 79 fleetwood 425 pump. Turns out its the same pump. Hearse had a few other minor tweaks needed to carb and finally started and runs great.

Now I need to go thru the brakes and trans.
                          Had a friend that dealt with the same thing in his 84 Superior hearse. He took the fuel pump to the part store (where someone he knew worked) and found an 82 fuel pump that was the same. I believe commercial chassis cars had the 6.0 368, up until 85 or 86. Never the 4-6-8 motor.

Comment

we found an 81 hearse a while back that we almost bought. it had the 4-6-8 motor. it's always an adventure to find parts for these cars with all the crazy little things that are different. lollz

Comment

Originally posted by travlinman View Post
                              You right it's on, SPHEARSE&PROCARS will not go down without a fight. Had a peaceful night at Hooter's. NO BS. SP now has 3 Coaches, looks like I'm going to have to steal Ya'll Masgot to drive One.[ATTACH=CONFIG]8925[/ATTACH]
                              uh-huh, Ray. that is a cool 3 way though

Comment

Working...
                              X