Anyone know suspension??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know suspension??

I want dropped spindles on the front of my hearse.. they don't make "cadillac" dropped spindles..so does anyone know if a gm truck spindle will work?

Just a guess, but I doubt you'll find spindles that will just bolt right up. Believe it or not, most hearses weigh way more than a half ton truck. You need to make sure any spindle you find that might happen to bolt in can handle the weight properly. You'd probably be better off with a combination of cutting springs and having a shop fab up a set of tubular A-arms for you.

I know it can be done with regular Cadillacs though, so I may just be talking out my ass, but when you get into pro-car chassis I know a lot of stuff is beefed up to handle the extra weight, and not the same parts as the comparable regular-chassied car.

Comment

Don't we all, lol.

I was never able to find any myself when I bagged mine either. (but mine is a '65). When I did the 4 wheel disc brakes on mine, I used spindles from a newer DeVille and custom control arms to get it to layout flat on the ground . My car only weighs in at 6k now so it's not much more than the DeVille.

Comment

Well I do know mine is all Cadillac up front .. it's all the same. What got beefed up was the rear suspension which is from a gmc 1/2 ton truck. I'm thinking gm should interchange with gm I can't imagine they would make different spindles between chevy,gmc, buick, ect. I could be wrong though.

Comment

The few big keys too look into are,
          1) matching up the ball joint mounts,
          2) front steering or rear steering.
          3) bolt pattern
          If you match those up, you can pretty much make the rest work fairly easy.

Keep us posted though.

Comment

thanks y'all will let you know what happens

Comment

Excellent.

Comment

Working...
              X