84 Superior build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 84 Superior build

This is the thread that shows what we started with. http://www.nationalhearse.net/forums...ow-motherf-amp

I dont have as many pics as I normally have of this projects progress. Not sure why when the camera sits close by.

Top had to come off. I really liked they way it looked, but small holes all over the roof was allowing water to soak in the foam padding.

Rot cut out

Top of roof had very light rust, nothing major.

I installed metal replacement panels, but didn't take a single picture after until I had installed the duraglass.

WOW I'm picture taking lazy. Here is where I should have the sides finished before applying the roof liner.

This texture came out different. Its smooth with a pattern.

Last for now. I pulled the trans out yesterday morning. Had reverse only.

Last edited by LorcinLS1; 05-30-2011, 06:40 PM.

Nice job, I feel Your pain on the filler, all the green is gone on Mine, unless You open the doors. I think You still way ahead of Me.

Comment

Lottsa work Scott, Keep it up and you'll be there before ya know it.

Comment

I dred the soon day i will have to pull my wifes. The 78 has major issues and getting worse by the day. Did you stitch new panels in?

Comment

looks good "DONT SELL IT TO RYAN" Lol good find Scott And Selena

Comment

Originally posted by corpses bride View Post
            I dred the soon day i will have to pull my wifes. The 78 has major issues and getting worse by the day. Did you stitch new panels in?
            Not sure what you mean, the roof is gator guard truck bed liner. Its one that has uv protectant so it maintains a shiny look. Don't delay it too long cuz as soon as the vinyl starts to allow water to penentrate the rust/rot begins.

Comment

Well, What's the lattest with the prodject Scott??? Havn't heard from ya in a while. Ya up to some top secret stuff or what???

Comment

I got with the guy I use to build trannys sunday eve. He has it and knowing him I'll have it back by end of week. Last time he did a 700r for me and its was ready in 2 days. He worked on my race car's trans and a turbo 350 in the past. Emile has had him build numerous trannys. The guy is a GM master tranny builder and owns and races 2 dragsters that he does all work himself. Other than that nothing new so far just dredding what it may cost for this rebuild. 400s are typically not too bad of a rebuild and are right up my tranny guy's alley. Once this is done I'm gonna see where I stand for this months budget and get with Creepy Cruiser for some decal work. I was planning on working on the brakes today, but had to go to eye Dr. So between brakes and reinstalling the tranny something is gonna get done by Sunday. I should have it on the road for July's cruise night.

Comment

Today replaced all brake lines from master cylinder to proportion valve and from valve to driver side front. Also rehung pass side door panel.

Comment

Cool!!! Lookin forward to seeing it do a burnout next cruise night.

Comment

Tranny is in. Bad news freakin brake line broke on pass side (pin hole)in steel line at chassis. Back to junk yard to get entire assembly.

Comment

went this morning to get all remainder of brake lines on the junk yard caddy. Just finished replacing the broken front line that ran from proportion valve to pass front. Im gonna also replace pass side rear line from center block to wheel cylinder. Its rusted to the point its gonna pop. Also filled tranny up ran car on jackstands all gears are working.

Comment

YES!! trans is in... Scott ran through the gears on jack stands. brakes are operable. the war wagon is almost road ready

Comment

Good news, bring Her over to Hooters, I'll have something waiting for Yall!

Comment

Hood decal is on and it looks better than expected, pics to come soon.

The carb was rebuilt and its running much better. Cap and rotor had some build up on contact points and rotor tip. I clean it for now just to get it running again, but I'm leaning to just go ahead and get new stuff including plugs and wires. Bad side to this is master cylinder is out for rear brakes. I'm gonna go get one in a few before heading out to beat up on Raaaaayyyy.

Comment

Working...
                              X