naming the NOLAhearse models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• naming the NOLAhearse models

ok everyone. i put a poll up on facebook and sent it to all my hearse friends to name the NOLAhearse ladies. these choices were pulled from the names brought up in my other thread. i had to narrow it down to 10 names cuz that's all the poll would accomodate (i only had 12 cuz some that were brought up in the other thread were already being used so i skipped those).

SO GET YOUR ASSES OVER THERE AND VOTE!!

if any hearse folks from the NHAA want to vote and i don't have you as a friend on facebook, you can vote here. I can't do a poll, but here are your choices:

Fallen Angels
    Funeral Foxes
    Hearse Honeys
    Hearse Harlots
    Voodoo Dollz
    Voodoo Dawlins
    Voodoo Foxes
    Voodoo Angelz
    Hoodoo Hotties
    Deadly Dawlins

help us out! we need a name ASAP!! thanks

I don't have facebook, I used to have facebook, I deleted my facebook, fuck facebook.

Hearse Harlots is my pick.

Whatever you do spell it correctly, I feel about Dawlins almost the same way I feel about Hearst/Hurst

Comment

Thanks. Lol. While I am usually a nazi about spelling stuff correctly, "dawlins" is kind of a new orleans thing and since people had wanted a new orleans flavor to the name (not too mention other people have already used those names if u spell it "darlings"), that's why I put those options on there. Anywho, thanks for the vote

Comment

Voodoo is almost a must, given location. Although not a choice, I vote Voodoo Vixens (or Voodoo Vixxxens).

Comment

ok Jeff brought up a good point on facebook (he doesn't come on the forum, so i'll post it here):

'The Casket Girls'
          It's a play on NOLA history and legend.
          The casket girls never really existed but the lore is great.
          Supposedly girls of moral fiber sent for the men of the new colony to marry,
          also legends of the 'caskets' containing vampires brought here to NOLA.
          Just a thought....

i really like using something that has a legend to go with it like that. it doesn't sound distinctly New Orleans even though it is. only drawback is there's some band and a theatrical production out there already using the name (so we couldn't have a facebook page or anything just for the girls cuz the name is already taken). but other than that i really like it

what are y'alls opinions? we can add it to the runoff vote for sure

Comment

I googled it and they were called "casquette girl". I think it's pronouned "casket".
            I like that it's part of your history.

Comment

I love that tale, it's one of the best from New Orleans.
              Ursuline Convent is where the girls (vampires) were sent. Still to this day the third floor windows, are nailed shut to them in. It's a pretty cool building and standing outside looking at it, while you're being told the ghost/vampire story can't be beat, great walking ghost tour!

I couldn't find the correct link, but this one is pretty good, if anyone wanted to know more.

New Orleans is a one-of-a-kind destination in the United States. Famous for our Creole and Cajun cuisine, jazz music and brass bands, historic architecture, world-class museums and attractions, and renowned hospitality. From the French Quarter to the streetcar and Jazz Fest to Mardi Gras, there are so many reasons to visit New Orleans. Start planning your trip to New Orleans today.

Comment

i'll do a runoff vote with the top choices from the current poll and add casket girls to the mix for sure

Comment

Working...
                X