1974 cadillac miller meteor build 10/9/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1974 cadillac miller meteor build 10/9/11

Today I got the roof painted it's final color..so it's done..The body will have to live in epoxy primer till spring..which will happen this coming thursday..Why spring?? because I still have wiring and other things to do..and that mean pulling the fenders off and I don't want to deal with fresh paint while wiring!GEDC0210.jpgGEDC0207.jpgGEDC0197.jpgGEDC0193.jpgGEDC0180.jpg and winters here are too nasty to paint!

Lookin good, keep it up!

Comment

Roof looks great!

Comment

what did you use? i just finished sanding down my '76 M&M to get rid of rust, then painting with por-15. after a little bondo i was going to use a roll-on bedliner to hopefully prevent rust from ever returning.

Comment

cool cant wait to see it

Comment

Originally posted by bluke1 View Post
            what did you use? i just finished sanding down my '76 M&M to get rid of rust, then painting with por-15. after a little bondo i was going to use a roll-on bedliner to hopefully prevent rust from ever returning.
            I never had a vinyl top on this car so rust was not bad..I smoothed it out and sprayed an epoxy primer..then sprayed a sandable primer filler..blocked it out and shot it with a ppg single stage gloss black! My back still aches..but she's worth it! I used por-15 on the new floor inside ..I strongly recommend it for killing rust..it's hard as nails ..impossible to scratch (I did scratch it..but it took a portable band saw!)

Comment

Originally posted by bluke1 View Post
              The cheap bedliners will let water in. I had a friend put a cheap bedliner on her and in less than a week it was rusting under. I have Line-x on the top of my hearse. Most people don't know it's bedliner. My hearse had the crinkle top, so there was only slight rust.

Comment

I had linex on my last one..I'm going for the smooth top this time around..and I think I got it as smooth as it can get!!

Comment

Working...
                X