Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More than 1/2 the fun is getting there - New Orleans to Chicago (& back).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More than 1/2 the fun is getting there - New Orleans to Chicago (& back).

So a month ago I bought my first hearse on the hush-hush, soon found out I needed rescuing on getting it down here, close to 1000 miles each way.... What's a Vampire to do?
    Who ya gonna call??? I called on my 2 super heroes - Wonder Woman & SuperMan, LOL or to the rest of the world SunSetHawkSelena and Travlinman (Ray).

Selena was on board right away, no hesitation at all [thanks girl] , Ray being a hard nut, took a little sweet talking but yielded to me in the end, we had a plan and were all good to go. Within 4 days of saying I have a problem & need help, we were on the road in Ray's awesome truck & trailer.
    I don't know what I would have done without y'all. It's trip I'll always remember not only did I got my perfect hearse, I had a blast with you two! Thank You!

TOTALS:
    Left New Orleans Thursday 17th at 5:00am.
    Loaded up hearse Chicago Friday at 10:45am.
    Arrived back home Saturday 19th at 6:30pm.
    34-driving hours.
    12-gas stops
    2 nights (6-7 hours) hotel
    1 stop for 2 new tires on truck.
    1 little mishap with no trailer lights, Ray rigged it, no problem! (he can tell that story, I got photos) lol.
    52 seconds loading the hearse on trailer!

Bottom line .... Selena & Ray get shit done!!!!!

IMG_20111117_070620.jpg GEDC0065 - Copy.jpg GEDC0063.jpg GEDC0067.jpg GEDC0076 - Copy.jpg GEDC0074.jpg

GEDC0086.jpgIMG_20111118_111545.jpgIMG_20111118_112836.jpgIMG_20111118_112845.jpg

Last edited by Vampire~; 11-22-2011, 04:01 AM.

IMG_20111118_112815.jpgIMG_20111118_112939.jpg123.jpgIMG_20111118_111645.jpgIMG_20111118_112957.jpgIMG_20111118_124813.jpgGEDC0110.JPGGEDC0110.JPGGEDC0105.jpgGEDC0116.jpg from picking it up, towing it home,unloading and parking it in my driveway!!!
    Last edited by Vampire~; 11-22-2011, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Getting it all cleaned up..... GEDC0120.jpgIMG_20111121_123901.jpgIMG_20111121_123912.jpgIMG_20111121_123618.jpgIMG_20111121_123727.jpg

Comment

Congrats on acquiring Darlene's '74 Superior Crown. Looks sharp with green interior. Must've been a fun roadtrip.

Dane looks good too.

Comment

girl, we had a blast with ya. pix came out great!! and you definitely got a sweet ass 74!! exterior and interior are beautiful. a total cherry IMHO. i am still amazed at the gorgeous, rust-free chassis too. you picked a perfect coach for your first. can't wait to getcha out wih the group (see my caravan thread) so everyone can see your new ride

Comment

2 doggies, 2 new steer tires, thanks Kellie, 2 Women in a motel for 2 nights,even though They wasn't Mine, priceless! Selena did most of the driving, due to Me not being able to sleep{weird noises coming from the other bed all nite with Them two]. Trailer plug fell out about 6.30 at nite and got chewed up. Sooo, while riding around looking for parts, Kellie rode in the hearse applying the blinkers and brake lights just like the truck. Had to be hellarious for People riding behind Us to see the hearse lights blinking and braking as We made stops and turns. Pics speak for Themselves.
            Last edited by travlinman; 11-22-2011, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atti View Post
              Congrats on acquiring Darlene's '74 Superior Crown. Looks sharp with green interior. Must've been a fun roadtrip.

Dane looks good too.
              Hi & Thanks Atti!!!
              I must say Darlene was great to work with, we talked often, and she was very understanding about why it was taking so long to move it. Everything about the hearse was as she said, and photos were spot on.

We had a great road trip!
              And that Great Dane is my baby Dracula!

Comment

Great looking hearse. Dracula is awesome too.

Comment

Originally posted by travlinman View Post
                  2 doggies, 2 new steer tires, thanks Kellie, 2 Women in a motel for 2 nights,even though They wasn't Mine, priceless! Selena did most of the driving, due to Me not being able to sleep{weird noises coming from the other bed all nite with Them two]. Trailer plug fell out about 6.30 at nite and got chewed up. Sooo, while riding around looking for parts, Kellie rode in the hearse applying the blinkers and brake lights just like the truck. Had to be hellarious for People riding behind Us to see the hearse lights blinking and braking as We made stops and turns. Pics speak for Themselves.
                  IMG_20111118_184251.jpgIMG_20111118_184303.jpg my view from inside tthe hearse on trailer while while Ray was driving to an auto-parts store.GEDC0095.jpgGEDC0096.jpgGEDC0097.jpgGEDC0098.jpgGEDC0099.jpgGEDC0100.jpgGEDC0101.jpg..... getting shit done, even in the windy cold!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SunsetHawkSelena View Post
                    girl, we had a blast with ya. pix came out great!! and you definitely got a sweet ass 74!! exterior and interior are beautiful. a total cherry IMHO. i am still amazed at the gorgeous, rust-free chassis too. you picked a perfect coach for your first. can't wait to getcha out wih the group (see my caravan thread) so everyone can see your new ride
                    Thanks Selena When we got there and you were doing a quick review of the hearse, you said it was cherry & in great condition, I was relieved and even more excited about it! And Ray too, when he said, I think you did real good baby. Geeeeeez that coiming from you 2 experts, made all getty, LOL. Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Abnorml View Post
                      Great looking hearse. Dracula is awesome too.
                      Thanks Abnorml..... Dracula went for his first ride in it yesterday, he sat up-front with me & loved it!

Comment

Check it out...... loading the hearse on the trailer in 52 seconds!
                        http://www.nationalhearse.net/forums...-in-52-seconds!!!!!!!

Comment

Glad the new hearse got Dracula's approval

Comment

Excellent Hearse. They dont get much better than that.

Comment

Thanks Scott!

Comment

Working...
                              X