**hearse display at World of Wheels**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **hearse display at World of Wheels**

hey everyone. this morning i got a call from one of the guys that runs World of Wheels and they would love for us to do a hearse display there this year. i texted some folks about it a little bit ago, but some people (like Raaaay!) can't get texts... so here's the scoop.

-Event runs Jan 27-29th, 2012
    -Cars need to be loaded in Thursday evening (Jan 26) and can't leave again until Sunday night (Jan 29)
    -They have security overnight that watched over the cars
    -Cars will be roped off in a display
    -You must duct tape your gas cap (some rule about preventing fumes getting out)
    -Entry is about $50 a car (we may have to pay a slightly higher fee for a slightly larger space since our cars are longer than 20' because a $50 space is 10'X20'. it might only be like $55 per car i have to ask)
    -You will get a back stage pass of sorts that allows you to hang out the whole weekend with your car if you want (we did this last time and it was fun... it was like just hanging out at the cruise nights and bullshitting for an entire weekend)
    -You can bring anything you want to display with the vehicle
    -You can check out all the other stuff in the show for the whole weekend too
    -Awards are given
    -CLUB DISPLAYS CAN WIN UP TO $300!!
    -I think it's in the Convention Center this year (when we did it, it was in the Dome, so rules may be different)
    -We need four-six cars (if we have more, that's okay, i just need to see if we can get the space)

much of this info i remember from when we did it back in 2004. it's a fun event. some stuff may have changed and i'll keep you posted.

here's the thing tho...

I NEED TO KNOW IF Y'ALL ARE INTERESTED BY THIS AFTERNOON OR TOMORROW AT THE LATEST. FIRST COME, FIRST IN!
    so i can call this guy back and we can reserve a space. so far he says he has a 20X60 and a 20X70 available (maybe 20X80 too). we could fit four-six hearses with doors open in both spaces. we may be limited to only four cars tho. i have to find out. so who's in??

we're gonna probably meet up with the guy tonight around 7 and get answers to some questions and get more info. if anyone wants to join us, let me know.

UPDATE: ok, after meeting with the guy tonight, we are under the gun. i am going to need $50, completed entry form, 2 pics of your car (3/4 front and rear views) for each hearse who wants to be in this byMONDAY, 12/26. this stuff needs to be turned in directly to me, so i can turn it in all at once. we can fit as many as six cars in one display, and up to eight if we break up into 2 displays across the aisle from each other. Jeff and Ray, the application is available online (Raaay, Kellie does have an extra one at her house for you since she says you sometimes go out that way) here: http://www.autorama.com/shows/entry-...w-orleans-2012 and you can fill it out and print it up. i am off work Monday, so i can come pick up the completed applications from you that day if needed.

if you have any questions, or have changed your mind, please call me at 504 610 8762.
    Last edited by SunsetHawkSelena; 12-21-2011, 12:50 AM.

1. Selena & Scott (Phantasm hearse)
    2. Shannon & Kirk
    3. Ray
    4. Kellie
    5. Jeff
    6. Tony
    7. Chad & Becky
    8. Zombie hearse?

looking good so far!! WOOT!

Chris is out. i didn't hear back from Kenny... and i don't have Robert's number, so hopefully he checks the forum.
    Last edited by SunsetHawkSelena; 12-21-2011, 12:53 AM.

Comment

I can probably donate a car to fill spots if no One else gets on board. Yall know My deal, would have to tow up and back twice or find rides, so I don't know yet. Worse comes to worse, maybe I can leave it up there for Some One. If Ya make Your limit I'm cool with that too, I know a few more that need to do it, lol.

Comment

Hmmmmmmm, I'm in if ya got room after RayRay!

Comment

i'm counting everyone who wants to roll for now. once we meet with the guy tonight, i'll have more info. i REALLY, REALLY hope he lets us have more than four cars. anyone wanna help me butter him up?

Comment

You'll do just fine!

Comment

Originally posted by travlinman View Post
              You'll do just fine!
              Kellie's gonna help me. this dood don't stand a chance

Comment

and, Raaaaay, you know you are welcome to stay with us or we can give you rides. whatever you want

Comment

If Yall 2 double team Him like on the trip to Chicago, tha Man won't stand a chance!

Comment

my cell phone died a little while ago. i can't charge it until i get in my car. so if any of you have been trying to reach me, i'll have it charging on my way home at 5pm.

Comment

ok update. i put some new info in blue in the first post for everyone.

the guy has a 20X80 spot that can fit 6 hearses. there is a spot across the aisle where we could possibly put two more. only bad thing is we would have an aisle in the middle of our display, but we can work around that. so if all 8 people can get their money in on time, we are still good. he also has two 20X70 spots that could fit four hearses each and more display stuff. bad news is they are not together, so we would have to see if we could get him to shuffle them together or not. but i ain't asking the guy nuttin' until i get everyone's money as a commitment first. so need everyone's stuff by Monday, 12/26. and the sooner the better cuz these are the only spaces he has left and the corvette club has not come forward yet and they could snipe us.

Comment

a vision of my lighting controller used for the front of the house is coming me. i want to win best club display

Comment

Doubt I'll see Yall by the 26th, paypal Me or charge it to Kellie, either is good with Me. When Ya see the Guy again, see if there's a safe place to park the camper,with the trailer, may try that. I still have a cot if Ya can use it for anything.

Comment

i will check into the trailer parking issue for you, Ray. which coach are you looking to enter?

Comment

The 72 is more presentable. If Ya have a special vision using the 3 way, it could be used. Don't matter to Me. The cot could be used for a morbid display, I also have an extra box that could be used with a little work.

Comment

Working...
                              X