damn it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damn it!

I believe I have two cracked head gaskets! so now I get to tear down my whole top end! after I just changed the intake manifold!

Practice makes perfect,

Comment

Since this problem showed up right after changing the intake, i'd look at that first. Especially if you're getting antifreeze in the oil or out the exhaust. Aftermarket intakes sometimes don't seal up like they should (going by the pix of your coach at the indoor show you went with an aluminum intake?) I always skim coat both sides of my intake gaskets with RTV sealant to try to prevent leakage. Last winter I helped a friend who had this same problem, turns out his heads had been planed at some point, so nothing sealed as it should.
      If you're pushing out antifreeze between the heads and block... yeah it's a total top-end teardown.

Comment

Originally posted by hotroddwayne View Post
        Since this problem showed up right after changing the intake, i'd look at that first. Especially if you're getting antifreeze in the oil or out the exhaust. Aftermarket intakes sometimes don't seal up like they should (going by the pix of your coach at the indoor show you went with an aluminum intake?) I always skim coat both sides of my intake gaskets with RTV sealant to try to prevent leakage. Last winter I helped a friend who had this same problem, turns out his heads had been planed at some point, so nothing sealed as it should.
        If you're pushing out antifreeze between the heads and block... yeah it's a total top-end teardown.
        Nope..I had this problem BEFORE I changed the intake..I thought it was the aluminum intake or it was cracked ..but no changing the intake (500 bones by the way) didn't change anything..still blowing water out the exhaust..both sides..since I have true duals I can only assume both sides are leaking..what ever.. I just threw the cover on it. I'll fuck with it later!

Comment

Working...
        X