1960 Plymouth Belvedere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day eleven.

I was not there but they sent me this pic. Still needs work but it is in.

Before

After

The trunk rail was all made from regular sheet metal.

Last edited by 60Buick; 01-06-2013, 01:05 AM.

Comment

The joys of adopting a new child. Finding the skelatons in the closet are fun. Good that you have buddies who know the stuff.

Comment

Damn man...very nice! I'll be bringing my 60 Fury over for you guys to start on when you get the paint slapped back on yours.

Comment

Day 12

Straightening the valence as best I could off the car. It was mangled and torn in several places.

Straightening the Valence on the car. It was a bitch just to get it on. The core support was caved it and all the brackets were severly bent. I got it straight though.

Lower fender patch for the pass side.

Comment

Day 13

I am still trying to get the Valence right.

Andy welded in the lower patch while I worked the Valence. Once I finished the valence, I finished welding in the patch and let him go work on the quarter. I had to use some filler but it works.

Here is the quarter.

Shooting some primer. Still needs some bodywork and lots of block sanding.

Comment

Well I don't feel like posting a bunch of stuff tonight to go in sequence. I have half a glass of high gravity beer left and a lot of relaxing to do tonight since I'm off work and dead tired. I held off posting progress for a while to wow people when I brought the car out to the micro museum but she is done. Working all night then 12 hours a day on the car has about killed me. With a few friends we did in a month what would take most people 4 months to complete. Well here is the completed car. I call her Marilyn since she has a such a 50's feel. I have already put over a thousand miles on her and love driving her. By no means as fast as the Corvette or the 1960 Buicks but as much fun to drive and she gets a lot more attention. There is about 250 hours in the body work. She was stripped to the metal in most places, had new lower quarters and lower fenders. A new wheel arch, door trunk rust repairs and then blocked 4 times. The body is straighter than from momma mopar and once wet sanded and polished she should be a mirror. I fixed several transmission and engine leaks and still need to detail under the hood and install new carpet and restore the steering wheel. Next I will be redoing my Chevelle SS but I need some time to recouperate from this one.

This was in Madison square.

Comment

2 thumbs up, one hell of a job.

Comment

That is one of the prettiest colors ever made for a car. Excellent work.

Comment

Was not able to contact you from the cell.. She looks great bud.. Totally killer work. Very , Very happy she went to a great home. Could not ask for a better one. I got her in 03. She was my daily driver. It is great that she finally got the attention she deserves.. Hope she is good to ya. Enjoy her.. You def earned the recognition you will get with her..

Comment

Working...
                    X