Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

before Asheville (Adventure to Asheville)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• before Asheville (Adventure to Asheville)

This was how Abbie was looking hours before getting to Asheville. Friday morning about 8:30/9:00.
    Drove all the way without working signal lights or headlights.

Abbie getting fixed 010.jpgAbbie getting fixed 011.jpgAbbie getting fixed 014.jpgAbbie getting fixed 015.jpgAbbie getting fixed 016.jpgAbbie getting fixed 017.jpg

Put on power steering pump and had power steering for about 15 mins. No power steering all the way to Asheville. As soon as She got to the parking lot of hotel, She had power steering. Worked all weekend, got ready to leave parking lot NO power steering all the way back.

On the way to Asheville on I-485, I look down and gauges are off, no power. Turn on headlight switch and She dies. Look under hood and body shop had not reconnected wire to alternator so battery was not charging. Thomas was following Ambulance, so we cranked his ambulance and switched batteries. Thomas reconnected wire to alternator with a rock. Tools were under floor and only way get is from driver side, no way to open door beside road.
    Had no problems in Asheville all weekend. Got home without any problems.

Sounds like a real adventure. Glad You made it home this time!

Comment

Check around that big connector at the fire wall real good, it looked pretty burned up but make sure before you remove it. It is rare that something like that would melt down, but it would definitely explain all the weird issues you are having.

Comment

So your one headlight held?

How much rain did you have? I experienced torential sheets up over the mountain which SUCKED. Mainly did 10-15 under limit first 80 miles before it lightened up. Hydroplaning these sleds is most definitely not my idea of fun.

Comment

when i overheard the rock story i was like "what, is it like an old NES where you just bang on it and blow into it, and then it works?"

Comment

Man, we hung out all weekend and I didn't match your username to your car... I has the dumb.

Comment

That's funny but no - you has the beer.

Comment

Originally posted by LMS View Post
                Check around that big connector at the fire wall real good, it looked pretty burned up but make sure before you remove it. It is rare that something like that would melt down, but it would definitely explain all the weird issues you are having.
                After She is done at the body shop, we look at it. He has the 73 MM that I got the parts off at his house.

Comment

Originally posted by Atti View Post
                  So your one headlight held?

How much rain did you have? I experienced torential sheets up over the mountain which SUCKED. Mainly did 10-15 under limit first 80 miles before it lightened up. Hydroplaning these sleds is most definitely not my idea of fun.
                  On the way home the person in front of me said both headlights were working. At the next stop I was back down to one. I had to stop at parts store before leaving to buy a wiper as mine were not moving the water at all. We cruise at about 50-60 all the way. Thomas said the wind was not nice on his high top. He said he has a lot leaks and was soaked on the ride home. I found out my windshield leaks at the top on the passenger side. It drips off sun visor.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
                    when i overheard the rock story i was like "what, is it like an old NES where you just bang on it and blow into it, and then it works?"
                    I LOVE the old NES. I collect them, it's like an addiction. I don't really play them, but I love getting games I don't have.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychoholic View Post
                      Man, we hung out all weekend and I didn't match your username to your car... I has the dumb.
                      We were not able to be around hearses because of rain, so I understand. I talked to a lot of people and would have to ask their names. Then I would say, "no, your name you post as, not your real name".

Comment

I found out why my interior light were staying on. The switch at the back door was not getting pushed in by the door. I just taped the switch for now so the lights would stay off. The rear door use to not turn on any lights when it was open. I cleaned the switches and now it works.

Comment

Working...
                        X