1959 Door hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1959 Door hardware

After 50 years, somethings are going to wear out. The only way to open my 59 Park Row's doors from the inside is to roll down the windows, and open it from the outside. I would think S&S used standard Cadillac hardware for this purpose. Were these interchangable with other GM makes, and possibly years prior to and after 1959?

Regulators and door tracks are CC only. Whether this mean only Series 86 or includes Series 75 I don't know but I think only 86. Good news is that they're the same '59-'64, also same between coach builders. This much info I can provide. Checking on other components in door hardware equation, which I believe are standard passenger car.

Comment

After speaking with two other procar gurus of this vintage, my suspicions have been confirmed. Standard Cadillac hardware used, although connecting pieces are lengthened. Two of us believe they will be the same from '59-'64 between coach builders. Third agrees to year range but uncertain about modifications being same between coach builders.

You're now in a good part of the country to acquire spares. If after assessing and yours prove not fixable, you can drive the Durango an hour and have replacements in hand.
      Last edited by 60Crown; 05-17-2013, 10:59 PM. Reason: correcting iPad autocorrect

Comment

I have plenty of door hardware for the standard series 63/64 cars. If you shoot me an email with a pic of the piece, I'll see what I can do.

Comment

I'm no mechanic, but I found someone who is helping me to put my coach back on the road this monday. However, there are certain things that need to be adressed (gas guage stuck in full position, non working inside door handles) that even people in Southern california who were supposed to know these cars, was unable to get fixed. Hopefully, I can find a place in NC which knows something about thses cars, and can help me get these items fixed. Meanwhile, to save wear and tear on the window lift mechanism, I will probably avoid driving in the rain for a while.

Comment

Working...
          X