Mechanic List for the Beast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mechanic List for the Beast

So my mechanic gave me a list today of all the stuff that needs to be fixed, and here goes (sorry about abbreviations or spelling-I'm copying from his hand writing)
    Water pump
    hoses
    WP bolts
    Stat
    By Pass & Hose
    Antifreeze
    Belts
    Heater Hose
    Radiator Cap
    (*paid for that bit today)

To fix the AC:
    Change over kit R12 to R134
    Dryer
    Freon
    Pag Oil (i'm guessing here because i can't read it)
    Ouford tabe (i'm guessing here because i can't read it)
    (*being worked on now)

Oil Leak:
    V/C 95K
    Run Valves
    Front Cover
    Oil Filter
    Oil

Also needs but isn't dire:
    Carb & Ing
    Plugs
    Wires
    CAp & Rotor
    TPS etc

And all in all its not as bad as I thought it'd be lol

Your post reminds me of the scene from "Ghostbusters" where Venkman(Ackroyd) is going over everything wrong with the 59 Combo he's brought in, but the siren's working, so he's happy.

Comment

lmao. yeah that's pretty much how i feel.

Comment

That's not really that bad.

Comment

Be sure to find out what some of these are before agreeing to them.
          I work on cars for a living and have no idea what a "V/C 95K" is. Also if it has a carb it does not have a TPS.
          I would get the plugs, wires, cap and rotor done before you start driving it. May as well start off on the right foot so you don't get stranded somewhere.

Comment

Just sounds like a full tune up and regular maintainance......no problem, unless finantially impaired!

Comment

needless to say, it makes you a responsible motorist and hearse owner, that you're targeting the things you need to do to make your coach roadworthy.

Comment

Well the guy who is doing everything is a friend and regular customer at my shoppe and rebuilds and restores classic cars. I totally trust him with any vehicle I have. Any time he has worked on our cars he's brought them back fully detailed, which I've never experienced with any other mechanic lol
                I told him to keep him until everything is fixed so he's going to through EVERYTHING to make sure he's in tip top running shape He said he'd check in regularly and keep me updated before replacing anything pricey.
                I'm just happy he'll be getting road worthy soon...then to save up for a paint job!
                As for the stuff like VC95 I am just guessing that's what it says, his handwriting was kinda hard to read in spots.

Comment

the V/C 95K was under the oil leak category, my guess is its valve covers, not sure about the 95k part (mileage maybe). This list seems very easy to get complete, again, just somewhat time and cash consuming. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Not having any idea what vehicle your coach is based on, I can tell you that early - mid 80's Quadrajets had a primitive TPS sensor. It is/was the plug near the idle speed screw...

Comment

Working...
                    X