71 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 71 Superior

Hey guys just came across this forum and just had to join! Finally picked up my first hearse a few months back and haven't looked back since. The body was pretty ugly when i dragged it home. Was painted green at one time then flat black over that then had a logo airbrushed on it over the flat black and was used as an ad for a car lot. came out pretty good after some long hours and is now sporting some fresh satin black paint! Since I've been cruising this site i believe i have found two previous owners as well. One who goes by the name Stretch and the other Elky. Both have pics of it in green on various forums. Elky has some pics of it when it was painted flat black as well.

Done a full tune up too along with new tires, electrical work and various other odds and ends. What do you guys think? Having a real hard time tracking down a rear bumper though and i would appreciate any help in trying to locate one.

5.jpg8.jpg20.jpg

Welcome to the NHAA. Somewhat rare Superior you have there. Appears to be coming along, congrats on taking the plunge.

Rear bumper is comprised of 5 components (from one side to other in order): end-blade-center-blade-end. Only centers (license plate surround) change between coach builders. Usually the horizontal 'blades' rot as they are prone to catching sediment from rear wheels. The blades technically interchange from '65-'76, although '65-'70 are smooth (no reverse lights), and '74-'76 have taillights in them. Follow so far?

Relay which portions specifically you're having difficulty finding. The blades are not easy nor cheap coming across. I do have some and may be able to help you out.

Comment

welcome! look forward to seeing more pictures.

Comment

Hey thanks for the welcome and all the help and the info. I wasn't sure if this was a rare one or not but thought it was leaning more towards the rare side since i can't seem to find many like it out there. Yeah looks like I'm after the expensive stuff lol. Mine needs both blades and the passenger side end. The center and drivers side end seem fine but the rest is rotted to hell and patched together for now. If you have some you wouldn't mind selling i would be interested in them

Comment

Working...
        X